Droid Turbo 2 vs the Nexus 6P

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would you rather have a Droid Turbo or Nexus 6P? Share your opinion.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I haven't been following any leaked specs or anything for the Turbo 2, but I've been watching to forum reaction and it seems like many of our current OG Turbo owners don't see a need to upgrade.

Personally, the Nexus is the phone for me. Not even really sure this will be a fair contest. I'm assuming the T2 will have a smaller screen, but again, I haven't been watching the rumored specs.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Not sure about a phone made by LG or HTC. I am considering the T2 just because I can, but will take a close look at it when it's in the store.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm not on Verizon so Nexus 6P by default but even if I was... I would still choose the 6P.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Will the 6P be available in stores, to see it before a purchase?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

From the announcement, it doesn't sound like it will in the US. Some other countries may see it in stores, but in the US, it's exclusively available form Google or Huawei over the internet.

Not sure what either's return policy is though. You could potentially order one and return it if you don't like the look/feel of it in hand.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
From the announcement, it doesn't sound like it will in the US. Some other countries may see it in stores, but in the US, it's exclusively available form Google or Huawei over the internet.

Not sure what either's return policy is though. You could potentially order one and return it if you don't like the look/feel of it in hand.
14 day return policy.

6P for me. The Turbo wasn't much different than my 2013 Maxx. So I doubt the T2 will be much different than the current Turbo.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

I've read of some rumblings that best buy may be selling the device at some point, but there hasn't been any sort of announcement to let us know one way or the other.

We will just have to wait and see.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

14 day return policy.

6P for me. The Turbo wasn't much different than my 2013 Maxx. So I doubt the T2 will be much different than the current Turbo.
I just read an article on DL about the device being out of stock. A commenter there posted a copy of his conversation with Huawei support. They stated that they have a 30 day full refund policy. That's nice to know. Would give you plenty of REAL hands on time with the device.

I don't think you get a real feel for a phone in the store anyway.

Side note, Huawei support also said the 2 smaller storage models are set to begin shipping early November. 128 will be later in November.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hopefully people get them in time for their turkey day

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This comparison is kinda hard to make right now..we don't know what the turbo2 or even the maxx2 are yet...they could do something unexpected like have 4 gigs of ram and an 820 processor ..I doubt it...but you never know..

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Carrier bloat and a locked bootloader.
I like the smaller size of the T2 and the microSD, but I can't live with bloat and a locked bootloader.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since I have a 6 and a nexus 5, im going turbo 2 right now. Yeah the bootloader is locked and the phone is full of Vzw bloat, but that shatterproof screen is where it is at. I buy a glass screen protector and case for every phone because of worrying about my screen. Nice that a phone is out where that is not a worry.

Hopefully vzw don't pull the mess Samsung pulled a few years ago with their waterproof phones where they tried not to honor that. Hence why we went from water proof to water resident (lawyer talk for I don't have to replace your phone when you drop it in a pool or lake).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think it speaks volumes that the guy who presented the phone at the announcement came out and dropped it twice on concrete. I've already seen some videos from people getting hands-on with the device at the event dropping it as well, so it appears that they're confident enough in the device to encourage folks there to try out how resilient it is.

Should be interesting to see the test videos online after this thing is released...

I only have one question...Will it blend?