Droid Tablet

AngusW

Reaction score
I've already got a Droid phone, but thinking of getting a Droid Tablet. Before I go and drop the money, can someone tell me aside from not being able to make a phone call on it, honestly what's the difference? Is it even worth getting one?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well, think of how you'd use your Droid without the phone part, same thing.

To me, in the case of the samsung tablet, it's a bigger droid without the phone. It plays games and I hear videos look nice on it, but it's not worth the money. I don't see the appeal of tablets, it's just a netbook without a keyboard to me. I must say it makes a great media device, that's it though.

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
cool, thanks that saves me some money then.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
cool, thanks that saves me some money then.

np:)

But don't let my opinion of them, sway your decision so much. I personally wouldn't have much use for them as I use my Incredible as a media device and when I'm at home I'm pretty much on my computer or a laptop. If you're into e-books (Kindle apple) and just light browsing while comfortably on the couch, then it's great for that, but I personally want a keyboard.

The device itself to type on and hold is awkward to me. It's heavy so my arm gets tired holding with one hand and it's awkward to hold due to its size, and I'm talking about the Samsung tablet not the monstrous iPad too.

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
I was only going to invest if there was a big difference other than making calls. I am into e-books but I already have a kindle. Only thing it might be good for is the other e-readers for the books Amazon doesn't support and for reading the newspaper and doing magazines since it's in color. But to me that's not worth the $600 or so.

iPirate

Reaction score
i'm not a fan of tablets but the xoom makes me want to give motorola my money... :(

i need someone to talk me out of it