Droid Slider Wearing Out?

gan6660

Reaction score
I got my Motorola Droid on December 30th and have loved it since but over the past few weeks the slider keeps getting harder and harder to open. It seems the are two gashes on the back of the screen where it seems something in the slider assembly is digging into it. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

J

Johnly

Hack a cool vinyl sticker to fit back there, and that should help
IMG_2046.JPG

J

Johnly

I think so. metal on metal can get grind. The vinyl sticker will take the friction away as it wears....it takes awhile to wear, lol. I have had that sticker on for 3 months:) Quiets it, and smooths it out IMO.

OP
G

gan6660

Reaction score
I think so. metal on metal can get grind. The vinyl sticker will take the friction away as it wears....it takes awhile to wear, lol. I have had that sticker on for 3 months:) Quiets it, and smooths it out IMO.

Thanks for the info. Ill probably take this in for a new one and then put the sticker on.

J

Johnly

Thanks for the info. Ill probably take this in for a new one and then put the sticker on.
there you go! It does come with cheap plastic, but replace with some vinyl to give it some life...