Droid Sleep/Power button broken

PhriXion

Reaction score
I need a quick resolution for this problem. It's what the title says, my sleep/power button on my droid is now lodged inside the phone and makes it very difficult to power the screen on and off. Should I .sbf back to 2.1 and take it in and try and get a replacement or should I simply revert to a stock ESE81 nandroid that is on my phone's sd now and then take it to them?

OP
P

PhriXion

Reaction score
*Bump* Still needing to know if Verizon will give me a replacement droid from my insurance plan.

iPirate

Reaction score
i would go to stock to make your life easier but how hard did you push the button in so it did that?

this might not even go under insurance if it is under warranty

michaelearth

Reaction score
i would go to stock to make your life easier but how hard did you push the button in so it did that?

this might not even go under insurance if it is under warranty

I have the same exact problem as the OP and I didnt cause it. One day I went to unlock my screen and the Power Button just fell in. Hopefully verizon will replace it, once i go back to stock 2.1.

OP
P

PhriXion

Reaction score
Funny thing is, I didn't even press it hard. My buddies droid did the same thing not to long ago. I've had the Droid since November and have taken great care of it, always had a screen protector and a hard case on it. No scratches or anything. I'll just .sbf back to stock 2.1 and go up to my local Verizon store and see if my warranty will replace it.

iPirate

Reaction score
I didn't know it was that easy to break! I will be more careful with my powerbutton usage now...

OP
P

PhriXion

Reaction score
I'm kinda sad actually, I mean I treat my Droid like a princess and now that this happened to it I feel like a lost kid in Walmart. :(

OP
P

PhriXion

Reaction score
*Bump*

Problem was solved by Verizon today. All I did was .sbf back to 2.01 unrooted and then did the manual 2.1 update-1 from Verizon and take the phone back to them. They said they had never "encountered" the problem and would have to warranty the phone. They have no idea how bad I'm going to wreck this new Droid. dancedroid

Me - 1
Verizon - 0

tu3218

Reaction score
yeah, I also had this problem. I unrooted and took my droid into verizon an they gave me a new phone. It was refurbished but still, they took care of it an didn't cost me anything.

antonfire321

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but when i brought it in around the end of May early June they told me its normal ware and tear and they couldn't do anything for me ...

sethmo

Reaction score
Same thing hapenned today on my Droid. This is a warranty replacement for my original that I got two weeks ago. I called in to Vzw since my B&M store is closed today and she offered to have it replaced with another Droid. I asked if she could replace it with any other Android phone since I havent had much luck with this one and she said she could replace it with a Devour or Eris. I tried to get her to swap me for a refurb D2, DI, or DX, but she wouldn't.

Maybe something will break on my new phone and they will feel sorry for me the third time around :p

BTW, I am not hard on my phone at all. I do press the power button to wake up and sleep the phone many times a day though :)

I have the same problem, but when i brought it in around the end of May early June they told me its normal ware and tear and they couldn't do anything for me ...
On mine, it is very hard to press and it sometimes takes 3-4 hard presses for it to turn on. This is not normal, if yours does this, I would go back and make them replace it. This is an important button on the phone, if it doesn't work the way it is designed, then it is broken and they need to replace the phone. You can try calling in to VZW, you may have better luck there.

Last edited:

Neupy

Reaction score
This is a stupid question. But my button isnt working either. I dont mind using the keyboard to wake up the phone but what happens if it shuts off? Will pulling the battery and putting it back in automatically turn it on? If not how do I turn it on if the button dont work?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
this just happened to my droid a few minutes ago, went to wake my baby up and my finger couldnt find the button cus its in there. i can still use the button but it is no longer as easy as before. they really make these things to only last a year til the new phone lineup is released, bastards...!