Droid Skin from skinit.com!

christinaelise

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought a skin from skinit.com for my Droid and recieved it a few days ago. I put on the skin and lo and behold, the skin not only covers all four of the buttons at the bottom, but it also covers the proximity sensor! Fortunately, skinit has excellent customer service and they have already issued me a refund. I would not recommend buying a skin from them unless you check with customer service to ensure that they have changed the template for the Droid to fix these issues.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Thank you!

Christinaelise,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I am the one responsible for all new templates that are made, including the Droid, which has now been corrected thanks to your feedback.

It is often the case that we will receive devices a month or two before they are available to the market. Unfortunately in some cases the devices we receive are not the finalized product and can be missing key features.... in this case the proximity sensors!

Also to your request I have added the icons for the buttons to the front of the device.

Thank you again for your feedback, and please don't feel any hesitance to order from our site in the future. Quality is my job, and without good feedback like you provided, I wouldn't have known about this major issue and had been able to resolve it.

Thanks,
[email protected]

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Christinaelise,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I am the one responsible for all new templates that are made, including the Droid, which has now been corrected thanks to your feedback.

It is often the case that we will receive devices a month or two before they are available to the market. Unfortunately in some cases the devices we receive are not the finalized product and can be missing key features.... in this case the proximity sensors!

Also to your request I have added the icons for the buttons to the front of the device.

Thank you again for your feedback, and please don't feel any hesitance to order from our site in the future. Quality is my job, and without good feedback like you provided, I wouldn't have known about this major issue and had been able to resolve it.

Thanks,
[email protected]

First Matt let me say thanks from droidforums.net for you excellent service here. We/I aoorectate your service and support. Thanks again

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Christinaelise,

Thanks,
[email protected]

First Matt let me say thanks from droidforums.net for you excellent service here. We/I aoorectate your service and support. Thanks again

Yeah seriously Matt, Thanks for the heads up and taking the time to clear this up.

I can now recommend your great product : )

Used it on my Touch and love it...

1.21 gigawatts

Reaction score
Wow, a company that actually owned up to a mistake and addressed it head on. I'm impressed. :)

*EDIT: Any chance the original poster could change the title of the thread since the company obviously addressed the issue? Seems a little unfair.

Last edited:

ziggynagy

Reaction score
anyone other feedback on skinit.com

I'm looking to get a skinit... any other forum feedback on how the skins look on the droid?

ultratiger89

Reaction score
I got one as well and covering the buttons doesn't bother me as I know where each one is. You only have to remember 4 of them!

dism

Reaction score
i have a gelaskins on my droid, it fits perfect does not cover sensor or notification light. it does however cover the 4 buttons on the bottom in front. but still useable. i would definitely recommend gelaskins. oh and you can do a custom skin too which i did. oh and it was 18.95 shipped

Last edited:

Rettocs

Reaction score
I would love to see a pic of the skinned device, from both skinit.com and gelaskins. I'd like to get a skin, but I want to know the quality of them, if it leaves residue when removed and what the finished product looks like.