Droid Shutting Down

guitarguy305

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post here, but I've read these forums a lot since I've owned my original Droid (since around March of this year). I'm having an issue with my Droid so I figured I'd see if anyone around here could be of help.

This morning I took my phone out of my pocket to check the time, and I noticed the little red light in the upper right was flashing, as it does when your battery is very low and about to die. I pressed the top button, unlocked the phone and noticed it said "No Service" and the battery indicator was red with a cross-out through it, like it looks when you actually run the battery all the way down and the phone shuts itself off. Immediately after this the phone shut itself down. The phone was around 20% battery in reality at this time, no where near dead. After turning it back on, the battery was back to around 20%.

I charged the phone fully while at work today. After pulling into my garage when getting home, I took the phone out to disarm my home alarm, and the same thing happened: flashing red light, and the phone shut down as soon as I unlocked it. Also, a co-worker had tried to text me a picture twice that did not come through while I was at work, but after powering the phone back up after this random shut down, I received both of her texts. However, I couldn't download the picture from either of them. She texted it again later tonight and I viewed it no problem. This could have easily been an issue with HER phone, but it seems coincidental.

This shut down issue just happened again about an hour ago, and again about 15 minutes ago. It's kind of getting aggravating so I figured I'd see if anyone here knows anything about something similar happening before I go brave the intelligent souls at the local Verizon store.

My phone is stock, not rooted, with the OTA 2.2. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your battery may be bad. Go to a VZW store and ask for a replacement.

zingalope

Reaction score
my droid did the same today

hey man same zhee happend to my droid. let it charging overnight wake up at
700 am i checked the time a 745 and the batt was almos dead about 10%
charge it for a hour. got to work an about 1100 am batt was dead again i was wtf no phone for a day. sheez. i when to geek a vz store and they said ----YEAH IT HAVING ISSUE.-- WE ARE GONNA SEND U A NEW ONE. let see.