Droid roms and rankings

kygator1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been done or not but I think it would be a good Idea.If DF has the ablility to set up a pole with criteria about all the roms that are coming out from all the great builders out there.Not a pole about friends,politics.or drama but just a good imput from the readers and posters that make up the droid world to get a good idea of what is the best rom for speed,looks,stability,and less issues for peeps like me that love this phone and try out as many of the roms that i can with fubaring my phone..I know that there will debate about this rom or that rom but i want to see if we can get honest nonbias opinion about roms, I would like to stay on a rom for more then a day and a half but love to see whats around the next post...Just a thought on this great sunny morning..:icon_ banana::motdroidvert::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
I personally will be trying to stay on 2.1(BB/launcher pro) for as long as possible because I can use my HTC_t9 keyboard on 2.1 rather than 2.2 plus nothing really makes me wanna make the jump yet like I havent noticed any huge differences yet, hopefully your idea helps though

modified

Reaction score
BB is the most popular, but Cyanogen is considered to have the most capabilities.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I'm going to root once the 2.2 final roms are out; can't right now anyway cos I have to redo my PC. Everyone seems to be waiting on Koush, though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been done or not but I think it would be a good Idea.If DF has the ablility to set up a pole with criteria about all the roms that are coming out from all the great builders out there.Not a pole about friends,politics.or drama but just a good imput from the readers and posters that make up the droid world to get a good idea of what is the best rom for speed,looks,stability,and less issues for peeps like me that love this phone and try out as many of the roms that i can with fubaring my phone..I know that there will debate about this rom or that rom but i want to see if we can get honest nonbias opinion about roms, I would like to stay on a rom for more then a day and a half but love to see whats around the next post...Just a thought on this great sunny morning..:icon_ banana::motdroidvert::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

Great idea dude, we could also maybe set up a stripper pole....I'm +1 for Pete's Bugless Beast!

Briankbl

Reaction score
I personally will be trying to stay on 2.1(BB/launcher pro) for as long as possible because I can use my HTC_t9 keyboard on 2.1 rather than 2.2 plus nothing really makes me wanna make the jump yet like I havent noticed any huge differences yet, hopefully your idea helps though

For me, having an "Update All" in the market, as well as "auto-update apps" settings in the market, pushed me to go ahead with a Froyo ROM. Absolutely worth it to me.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
What Froyo rom did you go with?

velocity92c

Reaction score
Current froyo roms are terrible but if you can't see the advantages of froro (450% performance increase), then you're just silly. As soon as a stable froyo rom hits I will switch to froyo again.

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Current froyo roms are terrible but if you can't see the advantages of froro (450% performance increase), then you're just silly. As soon as a stable froyo rom hits I will switch to froyo again.

I suppose this is what I'm waiting for...but I really dont want to switch my keyboard up(I love t9 too much) but I did 2.2 back a month ago and liked it but not enough to keep

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Don't know what Froyo rom your running, but the sapphire ROM is nothing but smooth sailing. Small issues are greatly out weighed by the performance increase. The Just-In-Time compiler is amazing.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I suppose this is what I'm waiting for...but I really dont want to switch my keyboard up(I love t9 too much) but I did 2.2 back a month ago and liked it but not enough to keep

There are 2.2 compatible htc ime keyboards over at xda. Those are the keyboards your talking about, right?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
What's different about the Froyo keyboard ?

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score

There are 2.2 compatible htc ime keyboards over at xda. Those are the keyboards your talking about, right?

What's different about the Froyo keyboard ?

To answer both questions,
is the htc ime one t9? because I looked it up earlier today and saw how you can customize it and such but what I just want is the T9 feature so I wasnt sure if thats what your talking about cause the one I believe you are talking about is just able to change other stuff(my main concern is T9)

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers Is this the one you mentioned? is it T9?

And nothing is different about the froyo keyboard atleast not to me, I just prefer T9 to everything including swype
blah baasd

Last edited:

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
It does, checked the pictures just to be safe..compact keyboard :) so maybe I will go to 2.2 sooner than I thought :p