Moto Droid and Android Questions

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Ok first of all I have a Omnia i910 and I love my phone but the fact that I can't get winmo 6.5 or winmo 7 and the need for a keyboard moves me to get a Droid which i will have hopefully in the next couple weeks ^_^

Anywho One good thing I like about android is the fact that the OS gets updated and it seems that it works for all devices?
Does it seem that almost all the apps work on all resoultions?
Will there be a Android 3.0 out this summer and then my phone won't use the updated version?

I just wanted to ask it seems that Android isnt made this way but figured I would ask seeing how this will be my first android phone :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Android 2.1 is on it's way... Right now we're on 2.0 and not all apps are compatible.

The Droid has driven the Market (app store) to increase dramatically and with the 'Google Phone' on it's way (which will have 2.1, as will the Droid) we will see even further growth I believe. Rest assured... Android is going in the right direction so far :)

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
cool I figured at least I will have the droid which is far better than my Omnia and if things go south (hopefully it won't) I can go back to WinMo when a good Winmo7 Phone comes out maybe Touch Pro 3 ^_^

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shouldn't be any 'south' with Android... it's always a chance but Google is the driving force with Android and they aren't gonna let it fail.

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Thats Great so far I definitely want a keyboard phone so hopefully we will see a keyboarded snapdragon around Jan 11 so i can use my other upgrade to buy it ! lol do you have msn I would love some droid buddies :-(

LordKastle

Reaction score
If you get "the" Droid from Motorola then you have no concerns. Motorola has not tampered with the OS and the delays that occur from phones produced by HTC are because of additional coding using "Sense".

Verizon is committed to updating the Droid and their phones..after all when you spend 100 million dollars in marketing you can rest assured they want their investment to pay off and it wasn't done just to boost the initial month of sales.

I can't speak for any HTC devices being released down the line, but I can for Motorola and Verizon...you will be safe with any future updates. The marketplace must grow and splitting the market up in to pieces will be a failure. In my estimation, any phone released from the Eris and Droid and beyond will have similar capabilities for applications. And like I said, HTC are the ones who have been editing the source code for Android, not Motorola... It just takes a little longer for them to get their updates.

Not all apps are compatible because they are running on primitive versions of Android, in its beta stages, stemming from T-Mobile where developers were never pushed to put out A quality products.

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
What would the future of ROMs be like? I developed my own roms on the Omnia and that was fun anyone ever had experience with how they do Roms? Will it be a good trade to use them?