Droid Ringtone management

paulglas953

Reaction score
I downloaded some Verizon ringtones and saved them from the text message with save as ringtone. When I went to select and manage them I found some had names, some were numbers and some were different songs with the same number. I downloaded a file manager (andexplorer) and tried to edit and delete, but I can't find them internally or on the SD card. Any ideas?

mathumom

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem with ringtones that I downloaded from Thumbplay. There are duplicates that I would like to delete, but cannot find them internally or on SD card. Know there are duplicates existing when I try to assign the tones to specific contacts and they are shown in the lists with the factory ringtones.

OP
P

paulglas953

Reaction score
If you get any info of figure it out, let me know.

crashdude

Reaction score
How did you get the ringtone from the email message to the phone?
I can only play it, can't find how to save it to ringtones...
CD

TatDroid

Reaction score
Have you tried Astro? It's a free file management app in the Android Marketplace. I haven't looked for the exact type of files you discuss, but I do have Astro on my Droid and I can now see (and manage) all the files stored on my SD card.

OP
P

paulglas953

Reaction score
How did you get the ringtone from the email message to the phone?
I can only play it, can't find how to save it to ringtones...
CD

CD,
I went to the message and below the play arrow is a series of blue highlighted numbers, press and hold the number until a sub menu pops up. One of the choices is save as ringtone.

OP
P

paulglas953

Reaction score
Have you tried Astro? It's a free file management app in the Android Marketplace. I haven't looked for the exact type of files you discuss, but I do have Astro on my Droid and I can now see (and manage) all the files stored on my SD card.

TatDroid,
Andexplorer is also a file management app and I can see all the files internally and on the SD card. My problem is I can't find my ringtones listed anywhere, I know they are there because I'm using them.

crashdude

Reaction score
Guess I did not hold it long enough....

Worked just fine this time!

Thanx!!

darthdroidvader

Reaction score
Not sure if this will solve anyone's problems, but what I did was to access the memory card through my computer (i.e. connect with USB cable, Mount so you can copy files between phone and computer). Access your phone through the drive letter, for me its Removable Disc (M: ), create a folder called ringtones, then put whatever ringtones you want into that folder and voila! ringtones are yours. You can also create a folder called notifications and use them for text messages, calendar, etc.
Of course, there are other apps you can use that will do the same but the above way works fine for me. Hope it helps.