Transferring Ring tone

captainron19

Reaction score
Someone sent me a couple of ringtones via text message. I am able to hear them fine but I would like to be able to transfer them to my phone to use as a ringtone. Is there a way to do this? On eo fthe sounds is an mp3 and the other is a wav file.

I did hold my finger down on the sound file in the text message and I was prompted with a pop up window where I chose "Copy attached to SD Card"

I donwloaded the app (Astro File Manager) and looked for the file but I cannot find it anywhere. Also, I was only able to choose "Copy attached to SD card" for the .wav file I was not presented with that option with the mp3 file.

Any tips at all on how to get these into my ring tones would be greatly appreciated.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did you look in the download folder?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Using the stock sms app? or another?

OP
C

captainron19

Reaction score
Well at first I was using Hancent so I did try the stock sms and I was able to download it to that folder. But now how do i get it into the correct folder for being a ringtone or a notification ?

OP
C

captainron19

Reaction score
Disregard I got it now... I was long pressing inside the directory to try and paste the file and it wouldnt allow it to paste - when i long pressed on the file directory folder it allowed me

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Handcent has it's own download folder in it's main folder...

you can use Astro to move it. Best idea would be to create folders....

Media
>>ringtones
>>notifications
>>video
>>pictures

IMO.....

OP
C

captainron19

Reaction score
Handcent has it's own download folder in it's main folder...

Yes I did see the astro download folder but it downloaded the image as a picture instead of a sound and of course it would not open it. Seems like the Droid Messanger is the best way to go to download sounds

Thanks for the help guys

springportjoe

Reaction score
Replying to Captianron 19: After you save the wav file to the sd card, find it by going to "Music, Artist, Unknown Artist" Then press and hold and you should get an option to save as ringtone. The MP3 file may have gone directly to the sd card so you may find it in there as well.