Droid Recieving gChat messages even though on gchat on Desktop

dmanatunga

Reaction score
Ok, so when I first had my Droid, whenever I received a gchat message, it would show up on my computer as well as my phone. Which was completely fine with me. However, whenever I would respond with one, usually the computer. Then the phone would no longer receive messages. I am not sure why, but lately, even if I respond to the initial message through my computer, the phone will still receive gchat messages. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

iiiwildfireiii

Reaction score
You know, mine has been doing that too. I like how if I'm on the PC and the phone I can pick which one to respond with and it will only send messages to one or the other. If I respond with PC it only goes to PC after that. If I close the IM box and walk away and use my phone, then it goes to phone. However, now no matter what I respond with to one person (and it only does this to one person) it sent messages will go to both the phone and my PC.

I believe it is because the person I'm IMing is using a different mobile app on a blackberry. That's the only thing different that I can think of between him and the rest of my contacts. Just a thought. :motdroidvert:

OP
D

dmanatunga

Reaction score
Thanks iiiwildfireiii,

I realized I have the same problem. My friend is using his iPod Touch to talk to me and that is what is causing the issue. For everyone else, it pretty much works out perfectly.