Droid RAZR XT912 wont load past "electric droid eye"

whomassa

Reaction score
Android community,

While on vacation my wife's phones battery died after taking a photo and upon plugging it in to the charger it turned on but would not load past the red droid eye. I did the following to try and restore/reboot the phone:

1. I fully charged the phone and tried to power on normally-- no joy/ no good/ continued to loop animation of eye.
2. I tried holding down the power+volume ^ and v, and releasing it to enter recovery mode--no joy/ no good/ continued to loop animation of eye.
3. I entered "triage" and wiped cache x2 and reboot/restored phone--no joy/ no good/ continued to loop animation of eye.

the only thing I have not tried was factory reset because there are photos of my daughter I don''t wish to lose. Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation?

Respectfully,

Whomassa

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply but I would recommend doing a factory reset to be honest. Aren't your photos on your SD card or backed up somewhere?

arh73

Reaction score
I have the same problem, except now it only boots to the motorola symbol and the usb cable must be plugged in to get it to do that. It fully charged or at least think so, its been plugged in over night. I can't get it to boot past that screen to even try and do something else. I deleted a file callled logwrapper.bin because I read on another post on here to do that and my phone would go ahead and update. Which it didn't but did brick it. I have access to get the logwrapper.bin file from another Razr but don't know how I can get in on my bricked Razr's system files.

mustafa_jamesbond

Reaction score
Hi ! ok i found the solution.it worked for me :D
Now all you have to do is that go into Ap fast boot mode..
for that press vol up + vol down + power... now you will see some option in that & u will find ap fast boot..
now download DROID RAZR xt912 utility zip file [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - xda-developers
After downloading the file open the utility & press any option 1 or 2...But make sure you are still in Ap fast mode..
next connect your device to pc & let the softwae search your device..it will automatically start installing the files in your mobile & unbricks it :D worked for me

Tee102

Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if someone could help me - I have a similar problem as mentioned above. I inadvertently rebooted my Droid XT912 and it is now stuck on the electric red eye. No matter what I do (holding the power button, power button+volume down, power button+volume up, power button+volume Up+volume down) it just goes dark until I release the buttons and then it just reboots and again gets stuck at the red eye. I've read some other forums and articles about others who have had this issue and I cannot even get any of the menus to reset to factory settings, etc. This has happened to me previously and strangely enough all of a sudden it just came back to normal and started working again. Kind of doesn't seem like it's happening this time. Does anyone know what I can do to get the phone working again without losing anything? Hopefully it's not too much to ask.