Droid Razr Problem DownLoading Apps....will only download on WIFI....

TeresaHighsmith

Reaction score
I can't download any apps without WIFI connection....not sure why...the previous Droid I own always loaded apps thru the 3G/4G....any suggestions on this problem...I'm not always able to connect to a WIFI connection......I now have the Droid Razr....

todroid

Reaction score
Can you check your data saver settings in the Data Manager? It may be that your data saver setting for the Market is preventing 3G/4G use.

OP
T

TeresaHighsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for the help..thats what the probem was...Verizon told me to set up all them settings to save the battery time...never thought about that blocking the WIFI...should have ask months ago.....again thanks for your help.....:icon_ lala:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome teresahighsmith :) VZW means well, but unfortunately they occasionally cause more problems by suggesting things that can cause the end user to experience things they are not prepared for. Luckily for you, you found this site and todroid quickly recognized the "problem" but think about the hundreds and thousands of others who are having less than a great experience because of VZW suggestions and just figure thats the way things are. Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you and then your comment got my attention :)

todroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the help..thats what the probem was...Verizon told me to set up all them settings to save the battery time...never thought about that blocking the WIFI...should have ask months ago.....again thanks for your help.....:icon_ lala:

No problem! Being an unofficial "Android Tech Support" guy at my job, I was lucky to encounter this issue on a Droid X.
But I'm disturbed that now Verizon is encouraging that setting. I can see this being a MAJOR issue for someone who only uses 3/4G and does not have access to WIFI. I just hope Verizon techs can recognize this issue when a customer returns to the store with a "non-functional" phone...