Droid Razr Maxx and sweat dont mix.... WHY?

dkfitzu

Reaction score
Had my new (less than 18 hours old) Droid Razr Maxx next to my skin while I was doing a 3 mile walk this morning. I was on an inside track but sweated alot. Slacker Radio played during entire walk but when I finished the phone screen would not recognize my touch and it flickered. Screen finally went black. I guess the problem was too much moisture and have had it in rice bag all day. I've tested it several times during day and the screen still does not recognize my touch. I have held the power and volumn keys down and it will power off/on and the screen will show, but touch not recognized. Holding the power key down has no reaction. I've removed the SIM and SD card and have kept it in rice bag all day. Is this going to be a long term problem or is it going to dry out and be ok? I've exercised many times with my old Droid 3 next to my skin and never had any problems. Is the Razr Maxx so sensitive that the least bit of moisture will cause problems of this magnitude? Please help!!!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's probably something else causing it, especially considering the RAZR has continued to function when completely submerged underwater in some geek testing.

MIUI tested, mother approved.