Droid Razr M front camera won't initialize!

livieeexoo

Reaction score
Hi yesterday randomly my front camera stopped working. It says it won't initialize. If I reboot in safe mode, the camera works.. but I don't know what this means! Help please :(

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi yesterday randomly my front camera stopped working. It says it won't initialize. If I reboot in safe mode, the camera works.. but I don't know what this means! Help please :(

So a normal reboot doesn't fix it? Have you tried going in and cleaing data / cache in the camera app?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Sounds like an app issue. Do you have any photo apps or camera apps you just installed or just updated?

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I had an M, the camera did that to me once (not the front, the back) - I was trying to take a few pictures quickly and it just stopped and wouldn't initialize. I can't remember if it was the reboot or the data/cache clear that did it, but it worked after that.

OP
livieeexoo

livieeexoo

Reaction score
Rebooting the phone doesn't work, and the cashe is cleared already. I just deleted all the apps I downloaded that are in any shape way or form connected to the camera, but it still won't initialize!

But now I rebooted it safe mode, and the camera isn't initializing anymore- but it was earlier. URGH!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you clear the camera's data, as well as the cache? or just the cache?

OP
livieeexoo

livieeexoo

Reaction score
the chache was already cleared. I didn't clear the camera's data.. will I loose all my photos if I do that?