Droid RAZR is cycling through wake up and sleep

Amie

Reaction score
My RAZR is sitting on my desk charging through my computer and it keeps turning on the screen and then it will turn back off after the time out of not touching it. I've rebooted my phone, I've plugged it into a different USB port on my computer (thinking the USB port was causing it), and I've unplugged it and just had it sitting on my desk. Still does it.

This just started happening today (that I've noticed)... Any ideas?

Oh, and I am not using any Smart Actions.

Thanks
Amie

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Do you have any games that have the option to keep the screen on during the game? Like for me playing RoboDefense that game does not let the screen sleep, and when I stopped playing even though I quit the screen would still kick back on after timing out. I had to go into apps and kill the app, or task manager. Since you rebooted that "should" have taken care of that but maybe not. Or it could be some other app that does not let the screen sleep. See what you have running.

OP
Amie

Amie

Reaction score
Nope... no games with that option... but as I was watching the running services, the Text Messaging Service will come on for about 30 - 40 seconds and then turn off. And it seemed to coincide with the timing on when the phone would wake up. I tried to turn off the auto retrieval, but that did not stop the issue from happening. I will restart my phone again, and watch some more... is there any reason that the text messaging service would do this?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Are you doing just a power cycle or are you doing the hard reset by holding down the volume down and power button for 8 seconds or so?

OP
Amie

Amie

Reaction score
I was just doing a power cycle on the phone, not the hard reset. It did not help when I was at work... But it hasn't done the wake up cycling since I left work. Very strange. I will have to keep an eye on it... I am off today but will see how things go again tomorrow.

dmisc

Reaction score
I just noticed this happening to my phone as well, but I am not plugged in the computer or charging.

Anyone find a solution?

whiteboy72

Reaction score
my razr is doing the same thing, i've had it back to the verizon store but still doing it. changed settings around and still no luck. today i noticed it killed battery pretty quick so even with the pocket setting set apparently still turning on and off.I am stumped

dmisc

Reaction score
My Razr no longer does this. I don't know why, but after disabling Juice Defender, my screen no longer turns on automatically.