Droid Razr Future Face Unlock?

todonnell9

Reaction score
I see the Nexus with the face unlock, and was wondering if the Razr will be getting that with the ICS 4.0 update? I wasnt sure if that was just a feature of the Nexus or if it was a feature of Ice Cream Sandwich.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
There is no real way to know considering Motorola makes the decisions as far as what features are included in an OS update (in this case, the 4.0 update). Take the Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Pro, etc. for example, each one of them has received an OTA to gingerbread, but Motorola failed to include the Crt screen off animation in each of them. I understand that this feature may be small, but don't count on Motorola to include all of the "cool" things from a certain update that you may see during the 4.0 keynote (from my experiences, you will find more disappointment than anything). Thats why I'm going with the G-Nex :). However, I would say that this features seems like a rather noticeable feature of 4.0 so I would expect for it to be implemented in the Moto updates but who knows.

OP
T

todonnell9

Reaction score
I'm also leaning towards the Nexus when it comes out, but I am having a lot of trouble deciding

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm also leaning towards the Nexus when it comes out, but I am having a lot of trouble deciding

Play with them both when they come out and you should have a good idea of which one you like better :). I don't plan on touching or even looking at the razr (I would honestly prefer the bionic) when I go to get my nexus. I'm simply going to get in and out of the store as fast as possible, with nexus in hand of course.

OP
T

todonnell9

Reaction score
Play with them both when they come out and you should have a good idea of which one you like better :). I don't plan on touching the razr (I would honestly prefer the bionic) when I get my nexus. I'm simply going to get in and out of the store as fast as possible, with nexus in hand of course.

I'm more interested in the hardware sense with the RAZR, but as I've read many places the Nexus is "future proof." I also am leaning towards the nexus because I'm not sure about how I feel about a non-removable battery yet.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm more interested in the hardware sense with the RAZR, but as I've read many places the Nexus is "future proof." I also am leaning towards the nexus because I'm not sure about how I feel about a non-removable battery yet.

I hear that, Motorola's hardware is unmatched in my opinion. The non-removable battery is the main reason I would prefer a bionic over the razr. The pure google factor is all I need though when it comes to a phone. If it is a nexus, I want it.

welsalex

Reaction score
Play with them both when they come out and you should have a good idea of which one you like better :). I don't plan on touching or even looking at the razr (I would honestly prefer the bionic) when I go to get my nexus. I'm simply going to get in and out of the store as fast as possible, with nexus in hand of course.

Bionic. Nuff said. /endtroll

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

welsalex

Reaction score

Non-removable battery = opposite of the win aka for the loss. FTL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums