Droid RAZR doesnt give option to change to usb mass storage when connected

washyloepard

Reaction score
So i remember awhile back telling it to automatically just go to charge only mode and haven't tried to connect the sd card since then, but when i needed to today, i couldnt find the option anywhere. Everything i read alludes to an icon that should appear in my notifications bar that will let me switch to usb mass storage or pc mode etc, but nothing comes up. i connect it and it starts charging fine.

Ive searched through all the settings and cant find anything about it. does anyone know how i can enable this?:frown:

OP
W

washyloepard

Reaction score
Well thanks for the help no one, but i solved it just in case any has the same problem as me. Its the cord i was using. Its an old one from when i had an EnV touch. charges the phone just fine but does not allow data transfer to my computer with my RAZR.

Kind of strange since it worked fine with my OG droid, so i know the cable can do it, phone just wont let it. Anyways, i just have to use my painfully short cord that came with the RAZR.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Thanks

Just wanted to say Thank you for following up on your old problem. I just had the same problem. I haven't been using the cord that my Razr came with but I wasn't having any issues. I recently took a road trip so I mixed up the cords that I usually use and couldn't get it to go into PC mode or mass storage. Guess some cords will work while others won't!

mhmoore

Reaction score
I too had same problem, and tho I used the cord from my enVue, to my Droid X, also on my Kindle, it would not let my Razr be seen by my computer. Thank the universe I have a crap load of cords, the one with the label Ecomoto and VCast works fine, thanks you saved me a lot of grief

bprisk

Reaction score
USB and connecting to computer

Having to use THEIR cable is completely lame, especially since it's a measly 3-feet long. I sure thought there was a setting in the phone to choose what you wanted the phone to do when connecting a USB cable: Charge only, or charge and transfer data.

But I'm glad you figured out the answer! I've been punching every button on my RAZR trying to that to work!

nels_o

Reaction score
Another update

I recently had the same issue, and it may also be related to the USB port used. It appears that the phone won't allow mode changes when connected via USB-3 ports, but earlier USB-2 ports seem to work fine.