Droid RAZR Case Review Thread

I looked for a bit then ended up grabbing this: Case

Love it so far. The stand comes in handy too.

I was rather interested in the Case-Mate "Pop" case, but couldn't find any real decent reviews on it. I was more concerned about the kick-stand breaking off. Also... how thick and bulky is it?

It isn't too bad. I found a great review the Case Mate on Youtube

[video=youtube;lIDKbW6df1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDKbW6df1A[/video]

Case-Mate

Last edited:
I looked for a bit then ended up grabbing this: Case

Love it so far. The stand comes in handy too.

How is the rubber with dust collection? How does it feel going in and out of your pocket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I was thinking about the otterbox commuter because I didn't want too much bulk but I'm not sure about the protection of it compared to the defender. I just ordered my phone today and I don't want to go too long without a case

I was thinking about the otterbox commuter because I didn't want too much bulk but I'm not sure about the protection of it compared to the defender. I just ordered my phone today and I don't want to go too long without a case

AFAIK, the difference between the commuter (which I have) and the Defender is (a) the addition of a hard plastic screen cover which you may or may not want in place of the film screen protector provided with the commuter (which you may or may not want); and (b) the "holster" into which the encased phone may be placed. There is no difference in the phone cases, themselves. Both the Defender and the Commuter have an "inner" stretchy silicon sleeve and a separate hard plastic outer shell/case.

The Defender's "holster" can hold the encased phone with the screen facing either "in" or "out." In the "in" position the phone has maximum protection. In the "out" position, the clip on the holster may be rotated to make the holster into a stand for the phone.

P.S. If you're looking for minimal bulk, Otterbox is not the way to go (imo.) I like the Commuter case but it adds significantly to the weight and bulk of the phone compared to the stiff silicon case my wife has from the Verizon store. On the other hand, I think I could use my Razr Maxx as a hockey puck in the Otterbox case.

Last edited:
How is the rubber with dust collection? How does it feel going in and out of your pocket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I don't feel the dust collection is too bad. Might be an issue if you are always in a real dusty environment. As for the pocket, it slides just fine for me.

This and also, does it fit the cardock ok?

I don't actually have a car dock, so I am not 100% sure. It would probably work fine in a car dock like this one: http://amzn.to/xrVwv5 I am not sure how snug these things are though.

My friend has this case which is slightly thinner, I'll have to ask him if it fits in a dock. It's a real nice case as well.

I don't feel the dust collection is too bad. Might be an issue if you are always in a real dusty environment. As for the pocket, it slides just fine for me.

I don't actually have a car dock, so I am not 100% sure. It would probably work fine in a car dock like this one: http://amzn.to/xrVwv5 I am not sure how snug these things are though.

My friend has this case which is slightly thinner, I'll have to ask him if it fits in a dock. It's a real nice case as well.
That's the standard issue Motorola car dock for the Razr (which I've got and it's great). Your friend's case will fit it with no problem... I think the Casemate Pop should fit as well, being it's nearly the same size as his case.

Also, where did you get your CM Pop from?

I don't feel the dust collection is too bad. Might be an issue if you are always in a real dusty environment. As for the pocket, it slides just fine for me. <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
I don't actually have a car dock, so I am not 100% sure. It would probably work fine in a car dock like this one:<u><u> <a href="http://amzn.to/xrVwv5%20" target="_blank">Amazon.com: Motorola 89525N DROID RAZR Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories </a></u></u>I am not sure how snug these things are though.<br>
<br>
My friend has <a href="http://amzn.to/yTejEw" target="_blank">this case</a> which is slightly thinner, I'll have to ask him if it fits in a dock. It's a real nice case as well.
<br>That's the standard issue Motorola car dock for the Razr (which I've got and it's great). Your friend's case will fit it with no problem... I think the Casemate Pop should fit as well, being it's nearly the same size as his case.

That's the standard issue Motorola car dock for the Razr (which I've got and it's great). Your friend's case will fit it with no problem... I think the Casemate Pop should fit as well, being it's nearly the same size as his case.

Also, where did you get your CM Pop from?

I picked mine up from Amazon, they seem to have great deals on all the cases most of the time.

Here is the one I got: Case-Mate Pop on Amazon

Leather Case for Motorola Droid RAZR Verizon B Wallet Pouch Holster Cover Black

Leather Case for Motorola Droid RAZR Verizon B Wallet Pouch Holster Cover Black | eBay

I bought the "leather" case above. It is the same material that they make cheap belts out of; even so, it's a pretty decent case and for under $10 it's a great deal. I think it should last me at least two years if not more. I keep my ID and credit cards in and it beats having a sperate wallet--at least if I lose my wallet I can call it. :) Two minor "flaws" is 1 - there's a little leather strip (about 5mm thick across the top that make's it tricky to pull down the notifications with my big fingers--so I cut that out and that solved that. 2 - The flap buttons down right over the HDMI/USB port so you have to unclip it to charge--again minor issue. You could argue that the flap protects the ports from dirt and what not so that could be a plus for some. Oh, and the case comes with an optional belt clip/kickstand (however, I don't use it). Overall, I recommend this product.

AFAIK, the difference between the commuter (which I have) and the Defender is (a) the addition of a hard plastic screen cover which you may or may not want in place of the film screen protector provided with the commuter (which you may or may not want); and (b) the "holster" into which the encased phone may be placed. There is no difference in the phone cases, themselves. Both the Defender and the Commuter have an "inner" stretchy silicon sleeve and a separate hard plastic outer shell/case.

The Defender's "holster" can hold the encased phone with the screen facing either "in" or "out." In the "in" position the phone has maximum protection. In the "out" position, the clip on the holster may be rotated to make the holster into a stand for the phone.

P.S. If you're looking for minimal bulk, Otterbox is not the way to go (imo.) I like the Commuter case but it adds significantly to the weight and bulk of the phone compared to the stiff silicon case my wife has from the Verizon store. On the other hand, I think I could use my Razr Maxx as a hockey puck in the Otterbox case.

I did end up getting the commuter yesterday and it is not too bad as far as extra bulk. I was not impressed with the screen protector and threw it away

In the early part of February, the clips that hold open the ratcheting belt loop bracket on my Otterbox Defender case snapped off. I contacted Otterbox and in a day I received instructions to take a picture of the busted clips from two angles, and take one with my name, address, and phone number on a plain sheet of paper alongside my broken case. Emailed that back in and within one week I had received, not just a new case, but a complete Otterbox Defender kit. Now that is a fantastic company and great customer service. :biggrin:

Back