Droid prompting me for Exchange account information repeatedly

frpst9

Reaction score
I'm having a very strange issue since I reset my domain password. When I attempt to open my Exchange email, via the built-in Email app, I'm being prompted with the "Set up email" page, prompting me for my Email address and password. I've gone through the wizard again and again, only to have it reappear 2 or 3 times a day when I try to open Email. This has only been happening since I changed my password.

It should be noted that for the majority of the day, my Exchange synchronization is functioning fine. It seems (randomly) that the device is losing/forgetting my Exchange settings and resetting.

Strangely, if I go into "Settings" -> "Accounts and Sync", I can still see my Exchange account under "Manage accounts". If I click on it to view the settings, and then try to click on "Account settings" on the following page, I get the page-turn animation, but it remains on the current "General settings" and "Data & Synchronization" page.

If I do choose to go through the setup wizard again, I'm able to open the Email application normally, and I can see my email from earlier in the day. A few minutes later, it starts to sync properly again. Several hours later, I have to repeat the process.

Anybody else have this issue? Any recommendations?

Thanks much!

heem

Reaction score
do you have multiple exchange servers behind a cluster? I wonder if one of them has gotten out of sync with AD. I know.. a little unlikely but it could happen.

Stigy

Reaction score
I would try to remove that account totally from Manage Accounts and then try re-adding it with your new domain password.

Let me know if that works for you.

OP
F

frpst9

Reaction score
I would try to remove that account totally from Manage Accounts and then try re-adding it with your new domain password.

Let me know if that works for you.

I was thinking the same thing, and tried this last night. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue. I was good for about 10 hours, and then the problem popped up again.

OP
F

frpst9

Reaction score
do you have multiple exchange servers behind a cluster? I wonder if one of them has gotten out of sync with AD. I know.. a little unlikely but it could happen.

This is not the case for me. Thanks for the thought.

Stigy

Reaction score
Does anyone else in your organization use a mobile device with the Exchange server?

Preferable Windows Mobile, iPhone or another Android device...

Anything?

OP
F

frpst9

Reaction score
Does anyone else in your organization use a mobile device with the Exchange server?

Preferable Windows Mobile, iPhone or another Android device...

Anything?

Yes, I'm the admin for our Exchange environment. We have roughly 175 people using Windows Mobile or iPhones. There is only myself and one other person using Android devices so far. It should be noted that I used a Windows Mobile device for a little over a year on the same Exchange server/environment with the same account.

No other users have reported any issues after password changes, although I haven't spoken with the other Android user yet.

scottrm20

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have multiple Droid Inc. in my environment and I have one user who keeps getting this. I have deleted the account, wiped the phone, etc all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks