Droid problems HELP!!! :)

graham_mark

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just purchased a Motorola Droid second hand about 3 months old. When i bought it, the auction stated that it was rooted and had 2.2.1. I used it for about 2 weeks and it was brilliant except for one issue. When i was using an app or in settings and hit the home screen button it would change to the home screen, but all the icons would be gone on all three pages. After about 10 seconds they would usually reappear and all would be fine. I read somewhere that this could be due to it being rooted so I looked up how to unroot. I downloaded an app called z4root. I installed it then opened it and clicked unroot. It took a couple seconds then popped up and said you phone is completey unrooted. It was still doing the dodgey home screen thing so I restarted the phone to see if that made a difference. When it booted back up it got stuck on the Motorola Logo and nothing happened. I left it for about 2 hours and came back and it was still stuck there. I tried resetting it multiple times before giving in.

I read a whole lot of different solutions, none of which have worked for me. I tried clearing the cache, wiping all data (hard reset) and installing update.zip. None of these changed anything so I read some more forums.

I read on here that flashing the phone with rsd lite might work so i downloaded that and download the sbf file. I followed all the instructions and kept getting this error:

**Result** Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected.

I tried everything I could find. Running RSD as Admin, placing the patch file in the RSD folder, placing sbf in C: Root, placing sbf in RSD Lite Folder, Telling RSD what to do from cmd prompt, and even wiring up a fully charged battery from another phone as i couldnt get the droid to charge.

Please help!! I have run out of things to do and I really just want to be able to use my droid again!

Thank you so much for looking and trying.

Cheers,

Graham Mark

nb. I am in Chch NZ so I cannot return it to VZW.
:)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ver of RSDLite?

4.6 works the best with D1 IMO.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
G

graham_mark

Reaction score
im using 4.7 atm. Just tried to install a few different roms using open recovery restore. Finally i found one that worked, 2.1. I put my battery in and rebooted the phone and i got a battery icon with a "?" inside it. I read that this could be due to a fried battery so i went out and bought an aftermarket battery. When i put this battery in in the store, the phone booted up perfectly and i was extrememly happy, but when i got home and pulled the phone out of my pocket, i realised that the phone had turned off. For the brief stint that it was working with the new battery, the batter icon on the home screen showed a "?" but my third party battery app showed it had 70% charge remaining. I tried turning it on but no luck. When i plugged it in, i turned it on and once again got the same battery icon with the "?" inside it. I tested both batteries with a voltmeter and they both had charge to them I'm now trying to flash GOT 2.2.1 to it and see if that works.

Cheers :)

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I dont think his problem is the ROM. It sounds like you are getting stuck at the phones recovery mode.

Have you cleared data and cache before flashing anything?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't read all of it....I stopped where he was talking about issues that sounded ROM related. I didn't realize he tried to SBF....if he still had it the way he received it LGB would have been a great fix.

Sorry....I didn't read