Droid Pro stuck in bootloop after failed SBF

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
All,

My install of the TBH GB rom was giving me a few problems so I had decided to sbf back to 3.8.7 and then reinstall the TBH GB rom. Long story short, the sbf failed for some reason. I have tried it several more times and each time it is seemingly successful in the re-flashing process but never fully boots up successfully. I get the "M" logo and then the droid animation but then it just reloops to the start of the droid animation after about 3-4min. Any thoughts on what might be going wrong? Is this a problem with the drivers on my PC that might be causing this? (On that note I had trouble getting my PC and sbf to recognize the dpro at first and had to install some new drivers but then things seemed to work fine).

Any help would be appreciated. This phone is not really that helpful as a paperweight.

OP
A

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
Try a factory reset in stock android recovery.

Can't get into the stock recovery. When I do the r+m+power on i get the android symbol and a "!" in a triangle. Thoughts?

I have tried sbf'ing to both the 3.87 and 2.26.

Wait! I was able to get into stock recovery, I forgot I had to press the "@" button or whatever I did to get into it. I am rebooting now.

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
After you get to the triangle with exclamation, press the @ key on your keyboard. Then you should be in stock recovery.

OP
A

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
After you get to the triangle with exclamation, press the @ key on your keyboard. Then you should be in stock recovery.

Thanks. That fixed it. Just activating with verizon now. Appreciate the quick help.

I have sbf'd before and never needed to do a data wipe so I was at a loss.

aiamuzz

Reaction score

too bad the @ key has not effect ... still stuck at the triangle with exclamation ... any other ideas ???

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Try up and down at the same time. I think that's the Gingerbread one.

Indeed you are Master Droid Sir !!!
YOUR ARE THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

THE 'volume up+volume dn' IS THE KEY INSTEAD OF '@' FOR Gingerbread one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you saved me ... BACK IN ACTION ... TESTING ROMS

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Indeed you are Master Droid Sir !!!
YOUR ARE THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

THE 'volume up+volume dn' IS THE KEY INSTEAD OF '@' FOR Gingerbread one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you saved me ... BACK IN ACTION ... TESTING ROMS

WAIT A MINUTE ...

I CAN GET INTO RECOVERY WITH THE vol up+vol dn ALRIGHT, BUT ITS TAKING ME TO THE MOTO RECOVERY AND NOT THE 'CWM' RECOVERY I INSTALLED THROUGH 'DROID 2 BOOTSTRAPPER' ... IS THAT NORMAL ???

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
WAIT A MINUTE ...

I CAN GET INTO RECOVERY WITH THE vol up+vol dn ALRIGHT, BUT ITS TAKING ME TO THE MOTO RECOVERY AND NOT THE 'CWM' RECOVERY I INSTALLED THROUGH 'DROID 2 BOOTSTRAPPER' ... IS THAT NORMAL ???

Yes, once you wipe data in stock recovery, you should boot up fine.