Droid Pro Battery Life

eus107709

Reaction score
Something positive to report...

I fully charged my phone sometime last evening and left it off the charger overnight. 7 hours and 57 minutes later, I'm at 70% remaining. While not great, it's a big improvement over the previous few days.

I've been charging the phone fully and letting it drain to zero a few times in hopes the OS will recalibrate the "battery meter". Don't know if that is the difference...

BubbaRob

Reaction score
I have good news as well. I put the extended battery in the Pro that I had for the original Droid and although the battery door no longer fits, the Pro will still fit perfectly into the case/holster combo without a back cover. Yes its a bit extreme I know, but I don't mind. LOL

Now after freezing all the social networking apps using titanium pro, I am at 80% after 10 hours and 19 minutes. During this time I have made one 6 minute phone call and surfed the web for 30 minutes. No more 40 to 50% drop in battery life just sitting idle overnight.

This is near the battery life I've had with my original Droid.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Ned

Reaction score
I found the battery life horrible as well as posted in other threads.

I rooted with z4root and used a terminal emulator to rename the following apk (and odex files if they had one). I have not seen any negative effects.

The Pro used to get me about 6 hours of minimal usage. I noticed BackUp assistant was a hog and that was the first to go. With the mods below I can get a full day, about 10 hours, of light use.

Got the extended battery so that should help add additional usage.

Here's what I renamed, do so at your own risk. All are in /system/app

BackAssistanceClient
BuaContactAdapter
CityID
FriendFeed
MyVerizon
NewsWidget
Skype_mobile.live
SocialMessaging
SocialShare
StatusWidget
YahooContacts
vnav_6.1.0.212_DroidPro_rel_PROD_signed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Arte Suave

Reaction score
I am trying some of these things now. My GF is complaining about battery life. It is pretty bad. MY Droid X outlasts her phone. I just installed Titanium, and setcpu. I hope it helps, if not Im getting the extended battery for it. We need a blur less ROM and the SBF

BubbaRob

Reaction score
Alright just a followup to my post earlier...17 hours and 20 mins since boot and still at 60% after a TON of texting and 3 more short phone calls and web browsing sessions...Loving this phone now. I should state that I am not running any social/weather widgets besides a clock and have uninstalled Flash Player from the apps menu. I do have other widgets on my screen for my apps and such but thats it. I am also not a heavy user...just lots of texting and brightness on "auto" the whole time.

Last edited:

eus107709

Reaction score
Alright just a followup to my post earlier...17 hours and 20 mins since boot and still at 60% after a TON of texting and 3 more short phone calls and web browsing sessions...Loving this phone now. I should state that I am not running any social/weather widgets besides a clock and have uninstalled Flash Player from the apps menu. I do have other widgets on my screen for my apps and such but thats it. I am also not a heavy user...just lots of texting and brightness on "auto" the whole time.

How does that OG Droid extended battery you are using compare the extended battery Verizon is selling to us?

BubbaRob

Reaction score

How does that OG Droid extended battery you are using compare the extended battery Verizon is selling to us?

I just looked it up and its the same one. Its the BP7X and works in the OG Droid, Droid 2 and Pro that I know of. I just put the Pro on the charger at 50% after all that use.

thedose

Reaction score
SO check it out, I got my droid pro to have the same battery life as my blackberry tour did:

I just make sure that there are NO extra bull**** apps running in the background and always re-charge it when it gets to around 40%

here is a pic of my battery after almost 19 hours of use the battery was barely at 80% by then, I will post the pic of what apps/widgets i am letting run:

2epspwi.jpg

I have not uninstalled anything yet, I just go in menu>applications>running services and turn off everything except for the following:

25zhzps.jpg

5bxt75.jpg

If you want your battery to last like this, then make sure you constantly are checking menu>applications>running services, or else maybe you can freeze/block those apps so that you wont have to keep checking. I usually check there right after running an app, so if I use AIM, or ebay, or text someone then I just go into menu>applications>running services and make sure nothing that isn't supposed to be there is...

I switched over from a blackberry to android and now I am realizing that these things are miniature computers so you have to realize that they are much more powerful than blackberries and thus need more care. For all the extra features that this thing provides over my blackberry it is NO hastle for me to click around and make sure things that aren't supposed to be running are....

I have not tried freezing these apps yet but I am sure that if you do it will take care of having to check all the time...

More updates once I freeze them etc...

Last edited:

thedose

Reaction score
I am still in the process of conditioning my battery (bought this phone on friday) so bear with me! (in regards to charging at around 40%)

edit: this phone is freakin amazing!!!!

akosnitzky

Reaction score
If I Force Stop an item, do I simply click back to get it running again of needed?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. However it could be an app that stays running (anything Google related) so force stopping it is wasting CPU and battery power.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

thedose

Reaction score
the instructions i posted doesn't have ANYTHING to do with force stopping...

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I have now had the extended battery since last Friday. @14 hours and counting today I am at 60%. Each day the battery life seems to get better and better. I am a super heavy user with enterprise email running (Goodlink) and my Gmail pushing to the phone. I haven't rooted the phone. The only material changes I made were: (i) CDMA only (no global); (ii) no fb, twitter or weather widgets; (iii) auto screen brightness.

I would suggest that people play for a few days before they give up based on battery, as there appears to be something to this whole "conditioning the battery thing."

One other point. Users who are texting away and using the phone for personal use are suggesting on this forum that people reset the email to get it 15 min, 30 min or even an hour. That may work for personal users, but (trust me on this as an 8 year crackberry addict), that sounds CRAZY to those of us who use the phone for work email and are coming from bb. I love this phone and Android, but no phone is worth owning if it can't handle core business email functions.

Hang in there bb converts; I think things are looking up.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Does wallpaper impact battery life significantly?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App