Droid power button sunken in. Are refurb droid even still available?

spellrm

Reaction score
So today I had my droid on my desk while I was on the computer. I turn the screen on, send a text, then turn the screen off. I get a text back in a few minutes and when I go to turn the screen on, the power button is sunken in. There is no "click" anymore and it usually takes a lot of pressure and 6-7 tries to turn the screen on now.

Now, this is not the first time this has happened: 4-5 months ago I received a refurb because my first droid had the EXACT same problem. Now this one is doing it too.

I plan on going to the Verizon store soon (tomorrow possibly) but I wanted to ask this here first. Are there even any refurb droids left to give me? I've read some stories of people getting offered the Droid 2, Incredible, or even the Droid X simply because the droid isn't made anymore.

When I go to the Verizon store, I really want to push to get a different phone. I love my droid but I think it's time for something else.

What are the chances they have any more refurb droids? What are the chances I can get a Droid X? Also, I bought my first droid in December 2009 and got this refurb 3-4 months ago. Is this refurb covered for 1 year like my first one was?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes, they are still available. I got one Monday.

You have one year from original purchase or 90 days after receiving the refurb, whichever comes later.

OP
S

spellrm

Reaction score
Go to Motorola's website and punch in the serial number. The Motorola warranty seems to be slightly longer than the Verizon one.

Thank you so much, my phone has exactly 10 ten days of warranty left :icon_eek: . I'm gonna try to go to Verizon today and still try to push for a Droid X but if not, at least I know I can still get another Droid.

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
Go to Motorola's website and punch in the serial number. The Motorola warranty seems to be slightly longer than the Verizon one.

Thank you so much, my phone has exactly 10 ten days of warranty left :icon_eek: . I'm gonna try to go to Verizon today and still try to push for a Droid X but if not, at least I know I can still get another Droid.

ya im on my 5th referb Verizon used to replace a phone if you had too many referbs but not anymore so if u send in for a referb u will get one. You may ask why have i had so many referbs? Well each one has been worse than the last broken this or not working that.

OP
S

spellrm

Reaction score
ya im on my 5th referb Verizon used to replace a phone if you had too many referbs but not anymore so if u send in for a referb u will get one. You may ask why have i had so many referbs? Well each one has been worse than the last broken this or not working that.

Yeah, I was lucky because when I got my refurb it was perfect. Pretty much a brand new phone and everything worked great.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My experience exactly. The USB port is slightly loose but everything else is tighter than a snare drum. Even the keyboard was completely replaced. I haven't tested the headphone jack but I hardly use it during the winter anyway... :)

Need to do a real test on the WiFi connection, but WiFi tethering works fine, so I'm guessing that's a non-issue. :D