Droid phones

ncvikingx97

Reaction score
After trading in my droid 3 for an iphone 4 ( horrible mistake), I am back on the android market, although does it sound right that verizon wouldn't allow a second trade in even if you were in warranty? Anyways, I am looking for a good phone to get started into the android world ( again ). I am thinking that I should consider the droid x2, considering it will be the closest in terms of speed to my D3, considering the dual core processor, but I am also drawn to the original droid, because it just seems " special ". What do you guys recommend. Will overclocking the D1 make it almost as fast/ as fast as the d3? Does D1 run gingerbread well? Can I have live backgrounds? Thanks.

clueless77

Reaction score
Personally the X is a very good choice, its plenty fast, screen is better, and if you're into modification it has lots

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

xaelith

Reaction score
The original Droid is special, indeed. However, even with overclocking, I find the Droid3 to be quicker and more responsive over the D1. I've heard rumor that in general, D1s don't play well with Gingerbread, mainly due to limited RAM resources. I can't comment on the X2 as I've never had one; I personally prefer having a physical keyboard for any extended typing. Fat fingers don't play well with the on-screen keyboards :p Hope this helps.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or you can always wait for the galaxy nexus or Droid razor. The nexus is basically a developer phone and will almost definitely have tons of roms and kernels. The original Droid is quite old and even with lots of customization it falls behind, however if you want a cheap good phone to play with until more good new ones come out its a good bet. I'm fairly happy waiting till my upgrade comes along without worrying about trying to save up for a new phone at full price. But you really can't compare 256 MB ram and a 600 MHz processor (even overclocked to 1.25 GHz) to the new phones with 1GB ram and dual core 1.2GHz processors lol

supercharged modified liquid 3.0
3g turbocharger
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz
19.8 linpack high score
1843 quadrant high score

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
After trading in my droid 3 for an iphone 4 ( horrible mistake), I am back on the android market, although does it sound right that verizon wouldn't allow a second trade in even if you were in warranty? Anyways, I am looking for a good phone to get started into the android world ( again ). I am thinking that I should consider the droid x2, considering it will be the closest in terms of speed to my D3, considering the dual core processor, but I am also drawn to the original droid, because it just seems " special ". What do you guys recommend. Will overclocking the D1 make it almost as fast/ as fast as the d3? Does D1 run gingerbread well? Can I have live backgrounds? Thanks.

Its sorta hit and miss with gingerbread, some roms and even rom versions work AWESOMELY and others are super buggy, depends on how your phone likes each one

supercharged modified liquid 3.0
3g turbocharger
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz
19.8 linpack high score
1843 quadrant high score

OP
N

ncvikingx97

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am leaning tiwards the droid x2 due tk the dual core processor( which will be abojt as fast as a d3, right?). Also, what ither droids do yku recommend? Thanks.

Insidious

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am leaning tiwards the droid x2 due tk the dual core processor( which will be abojt as fast as a d3, right?). Also, what ither droids do yku recommend? Thanks.

The X2 is nice, but I reccomend the RAZR or Galaxy Nexus. I think the RAZR comes out tomorrow too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
N

ncvikingx97

Reaction score
I completely agree guys, but i need a phkne to play woth, and i dont want to spend a lot of $$$$ on a brand new phone. I miss my droid 3.:icon_evil: