Droid Overclock/boot Problems

Garbagedogup

Reaction score
First of all, hello everyone! I've learned a lot from this forum and now need some assistance. So anyone that can help, thanks.
Lately I have had some problems with my moto droid. I left it in the sun in about 90F weather for a good 20 minutes. Then since then whenever it booted to the lock screen it froze after 1 minute and rebooted. Then it just keeps on doing it. To fix it I figured I could restore a backup then put my overclock kernel back on. Though what I discovered was that my 1.1 kernel was causing the loop while the 1.0 worked fine. I was using the 1.1 for a good 2 weeks before this. Did the sun do any physical damage to my phone, or was it a software problem that is preventing the better speed? I am using 2.2 Froyo currently if that helps. Thanks for any help!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
90 F is a very moderate temperature for your Droid, mines is in the 90-100 range all the time. Not sure why the 1.1 kernel is causing you issues now, its very unlikely but possible that somehow the 1.1 overworked your processor.

cnmsales

Reaction score
If it were a hardware issue. You would see the problem no matter what software your using.

OP
G

Garbagedogup

Reaction score
Ok thanks, atleast I know that I probably didn't damage any major parts.