Overclocking problem on Liberty?

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
I use jrummys overclock app with liberty right now. When I overclock it, after a few days it seems to just reset itself back to the default speed. Does anyone know why this is happening? Example: I had it set to ultra low voltage at 1.1 ghz. After a couple days it putiself back to 1.0 stock voltage. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Perhaps the phone rebooted for some reason? The clock speeds don't persist across reboots unless you ask the app to "set at boot".

OP
P

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
I have it set to set on boot. But it didn't reset...I have the widget up there and it just switch when I was looking at it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
I'm not having any problems either, I have the same setup, liberty with jrummys overclock app. Have you guys tried the overclock script in terminal emulator??

Inverse

Reaction score
No problems at all. I think you're just not setting it properly at boot, or something is wrong with your app. You getting any random-reboots?

denial1385

Reaction score
IDK about JRummy's app but maybe you could use SetCPU if it keeps resetting the values? It's so easy to use and never have any probs like this...only time it resets is if you factory reset...and there's a great tutorial on it within these forums...just saying...

marty1966

Reaction score
How does Jrum's OC app work compared to SetCPU? Do they perform the same action? Is one better than another?

trook

Reaction score
set cpu wont overclock your phone by itself, it just allows you to scale it and set up profiles, which both can be done with jrummys app. I seriously recommend using the overclock settings in terminal emulator or jrummys oc app. There is also a free app on the market called milestone overclock.

micp1480

Reaction score
Ok, I am running Droid 2 overclock and it happened to me once. This is what I did, and have not had one single relapse. In my profiles, I went and set one of my profiles to 1300Mhz and 400Mhz with "Screen On", and set that to 100%. Here are my profiles, and they do work very well for me.

100% Charging AC/Full 400 MHz - 400 MHz

100% Screen Off 900 MHz - 400 MHz

100% Temp > 40c 900 MHz - 400 MHz

100% Battery <40% 900 MHZ - 400 MHz

100% Screen On 1300 MHz - 400 MHz

Lastly, I am running LV 1.3 GHz, and battery is good so far, and so is the temperature.

OP
P

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
Did you set the LV in Jrummy's overclock rom or did you set it using something else? Because I have been experimenting...And if i overclock it with a different rom and THEN you Jrummy's app to use profiles and such then it doesn't reset. But with this other app i don't have many choices of overclocking...they don't even go past 1.1. So I was looking for a way to go higher but also have jrummy's app not reset. Has anyone ever tried ULV? im curious to see what the best setting is to have to have great performance but even better battery life...trying to find a happy medium. Anny suggestions?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
I would try another 1 and c if its the app that's doing it or uninstall it an c if that helps

Reaction score
Ok, I am running Droid 2 overclock and it happened to me once. This is what I did, and have not had one single relapse. In my profiles, I went and set one of my profiles to 1300Mhz and 400Mhz with "Screen On", and set that to 100%. Here are my profiles, and they do work very well for me.

100% Charging AC/Full 400 MHz - 400 MHz

100% Screen Off 900 MHz - 400 MHz

100% Temp > 40c 900 MHz - 400 MHz

100% Battery <40% 900 MHZ - 400 MHz

100% Screen On 1300 MHz - 400 MHz

Lastly, I am running LV 1.3 GHz, and battery is good so far, and so is the temperature.

Why do you have all your profiles set to 100%? I don't know how JRummy's app handles profile conflicts, but why take the chance?

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
For me, don't know why, but when I use the overclocking app, I start to have random reboots. I started using the terminal emulator and set the overclock that way and it seems to work better.