Droid not notifying me

caulenl

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my moto droid. For some reason it will not notify me of receiving messages, etc. (it does blink the LED and does come up on the notification bar) It will not vibrate or even play my ringtone/notification tone. I have tried rebooting it and so far it only works for a little while then reverts to its old self. any help please?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my moto droid. For some reason it will not notify me of receiving messages, etc. (it does blink the LED and does come up on the notification bar) It will not vibrate or even play my ringtone/notification tone. I have tried rebooting it and so far it only works for a little while then reverts to its old self. any help please?
So when you reboot you get notifications then it stops a little bit later? If that's the case then go into settings/privacy/factory data reset. And :welcome: to the Droid Forums.

OP
C

caulenl

Reaction score
will that erase my data? like contacts and stuff?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
will that erase my data? like contacts and stuff?

factory reset WILL but use your gmail account to back up your contacts

for app backing up, try astro (a file manager) or mybackup

OP
C

caulenl

Reaction score
i tried rebooting it, still didn't fix it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some people have reported that 2.1 droid goes into a deep sleep and even alarm clock won't sound. They suggest using load monitor from the market

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i tried rebooting it, still didn't fix it.

rebooting is different from factory reset. you were supposed to do the factory reset - is this the one you did? does it instruct you to set up the phone like you did the first time when you got the phone?