Droid not charging

jstoup111

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything specific to my issue with this. I have the original Droid and it recently stopped charging. Well not entirely. Plugging it into a wall outlet it charges for a minute or so before it stops. I woke up this morning with a 30% battery. Now if I plug it into my computer I have no problems. Charges up with no issue. This is using the same micro USB cable as well.

Some other information that might be helpful. I'm running Cyanogenmod's 6.0.0-Droid and thats when I noticed it start to happen, about a week after I switched. I wiped everything when I switched to 6.0 just seeing if anyone else has experienced this issue.

neilrl79

Reaction score
My original Droid1 did the same thing after about 2 months of owning it, I took it to the VZW store and their tech guy said it was dirt in the charger port and they gave me a new phone. I would suggest using a can of compressed air to blow it out and see if that helps.

OP
J

jstoup111

Reaction score
Gave that a shot but to no avail. It charges fine when hooked up to my computer. I think it might be the wall outlet plug because that seems to be the only time it's not working. I'll see if I can find another wall outlet charger and give that a shot. Any other opinions would be helpful though!

Brian1

Reaction score
When looking for an after market wall charger be sure it is for the Droid. There are chargers with the right plug but can cause the phone to do weird things when using that charger. Brian

droidman101

Reaction score
Probly the wall charger, but before I had issues with the usb cord :)