droid not charging

lle295

Reaction score
About 2 days ago I notice my droid battery draining really fast, the strange thing is that I have done nothing different to it besides going a little crazy with my new cache wipe app I bought from the market (yes I am rooted). When I say crazy I mean I clear my cache every night before I go to bed. One night Icame home around 3 am with my droid dead from a full days use, plugged it in and when I woke up in the morning my droid was stikk dead so I thought the charger broke or something so I tried another outlket and it charged it I came home that night with an akmost dead droid and was too tired to go outside and plug it in, the next morning I find my droid dead and when I tried plugging it in the charger it would show the Motorola sign and then turn off and it kept doing that for the next 15 minute. I tried putting in my friends battery but it would do the same thing. It would sometimes go to the red eye and then turn off. And the light that is supposed to turn on when the charger is plugged in turned on for a quick second then turns off. I don't know what to do should I just call assurion for a new phone? Sorry for the mistypes and bad grammar its getting late and I'm typing this on a mytouch slide thank you for any help you guys provide

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Odd that the 2nd battery did the same thing. The LED not being on next to the charging port indicates it isn't charging, or thinks it isn't. The reboot at M logo also indicates the phone thinks it has a dead battery, or really does. 2 batteries doing the same thing? That makes me lean more towards the battery might be ok. Another test would be to put your battery in your friends phone. Even maybe let it charge in your friend's phone.

• I'd let it charge for a few hours, see if that makes a difference.
  • Try the battery swap thing again with a buddy's phone.
  • Next I'd flash a recovery rom, one of your backups you made when you rooted.
  • If it persists or if the charge never takes so you can't boot up I'd use RSD Lite to get back to stock and see how the battery is then. It may boot right up but it still may need a charge.

You said you are rooted: with what rom, when, and how did you get there? Did you change anything recently around the time your battery issues started? Good luck.

OP
L

lle295

Reaction score
I'll try what you suggest buy to answer your question I rooted following the same link you haver in your signature thing and been rooted since petes bugless beast v1.0 came out and haver been using it since. thank you so much for your help. I'll give an update in the next few days.

OP
L

lle295

Reaction score
Oh and no I didn't do anything different when my bateery started acting like this. And when I said I tried my friends battery, what I did was I put his fully charged battery in mind and all it did was turn on the M then it turned off and itb repeatedly did this for about 4 mins til I gave up and pulled out his battery. Ill try charging mine in his later on today when I see him :)

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I had this happen to me once, turned out the problem was my ROM and Kernel weren't compatible on some level.

Kaneydc

Reaction score
mine is doing the same thing ughh i think ima just get a new used phone from asurion

comanche1313

Reaction score
You mine start doing this after I started using the BP7X extended battery. I am thinking it shorts out the charger base.