Droid Music Disappears

booone0

Reaction score
Hey guys, I searched and could not find anyone else having this issue.

Occasionally, I will load up my music player (Either stock android one or BTunes [which is a great replacement] - doesn't matter which, and this problem has occurred before I got BTunes) none of my music will be present. When this occurs, I can still find and play my music on the SD card using Astro or OI File manager - the only problem is that when browsing from the music player, no music or playlists show up.

Also, I have found that when this happens (and sometimes independently of this issue) my Droid will play the wrong ringtone - either a random stock ringtone, or another audio file (I am currently using an mp3 from my library as a ringtone.)

The only thing that fixes this seems to be a restart, but this happened once where the first restart did not change anything.

Stock droid, 2.1, not rooted.

Anyone having similar issues?

Riley

Reaction score
I've had this happen too recently. I also lost half of my album art. I did a reboot and my music was back...but had to manually put my album art back with album art grabber app.

iWordplay

Reaction score
My droid sometimes plays songs instead of ringtones. And stock music app reads ringtones as songs.

skayse

Reaction score
My playlists are missing. The titles are there but songs are gone. That was a lot of work for nothing. HOw do I find them and get them back.