Ringtone disappears

navigator

Reaction score
When I download a new ringtone, it appears under Ringtones at the top of the list. After a restart, it disappears from the ringtone list, but still plays as a ringtone.

I then find it under Music?

What gives?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I download a new ringtone, it appears under Ringtones at the top of the list. After a restart, it disappears from the ringtone list, but still plays as a ringtone.

What gives?

I'm not certain. Where does it download the ringtone to?

I've had people tell me that they've downloaded ringtones and can't find them.

One way I know that you can make ringtones work is to download ringdroid from the Market (free) and use your own MP3's to make ringtones. It's easy to do and they won't disappear on you.

Sorry I don't have anything else to offer.

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
Thanks for you reply. When I download the ringtone I can see it at Settings...Sounds and Display...Phone Ringtone...at the top of the list with a green dot indicating my secection. After I restart the phone, the ringtone no longer shows in that location, but still plays as my default.

I can click the Music icon and the download shows under Artists Songs and Albums.

I will take your suggestion and convert the MP3 to a ringtone.

Thanks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

You should probably move it into the Ringtones folder after downloading it.

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
Ok, so here is how it went down. I went to the range to shoot my new Ruger LCP. When I checked in with the range officer, he said looking my belt, "How do you like your DROID?" He had his on his belt.

A few minutes later he showed me how to correctly download a ringtone and a few other things I didn't know, as I have only had the DROID for a few weeks.

Problem solved. Loved the LCP. Great carry gun.