Droid mounted to car with velcro?

Silver Member
Reaction score
BGRubb.....

What is a shim? I don't think I've ever heard that word. Sorry for being an r-tard. Sounds like a pretty good idea, but I might need more of a pictorial walk through, like with what shims are and what kind of mount you're talking about and all.

And Gloster, I'm with you. Droid needs some dashboard McLovin, I don't care if I'm driving a Lamborghini, cause this phone is the Lamborghini of phones!!!
Noun

• S: (n) shim (a thin wedge of material (wood or metal or stone) for driving into crevices)

bgrubb7

Reaction score
BGRubb.....

What is a shim? I don't think I've ever heard that word. Sorry for being an r-tard. Sounds like a pretty good idea, but I might need more of a pictorial walk through, like with what shims are and what kind of mount you're talking about and all.

And Gloster, I'm with you. Droid needs some dashboard McLovin, I don't care if I'm driving a Lamborghini, cause this phone is the Lamborghini of phones!!!

The shims are just to keep the flat-backed mount stable on the curved surface (see attached). As far as the mount, I was thinking of using a hard, black clip-on style case like the attached pic. Just trim off the area above the red line and the Droid would slide in easily from the top.

You could also use the actual holder part of the OEM Motorola mount or something similar, and just mount it to the same are above the CD slot. I just wanted something that was low profile and wouldn't stick out. Plus I already have a cheap case that I don't mind hacking up, along with the rest of the materials needed already laying around... I'm gonna have to say hell with the wife's blackberry and GPS, and go ahead with my Droid only idea...:icon_evil:

OP
A

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks! As soon as I get this adhesive in the mail I'll have to let you guys know how it turned out. I think it'll be Droid/CTS/GPS Heaven!

OP
A

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic, but did anyone else notice that they are running a ad banner for BlendMount Innovative Mounting Solutions at the top of this thread??