Droid Media Questions?

michaelearth

Reaction score
I have few media questions about my rooted Motorola Droid.

1. While listening to music using the stock music app, is there anyway to change songs without having to turn on the screen? Is there another app that allows or this or can I do it with stock?

2. While playing videos on the Droid the volume for them is not loud enough. Is there any way to increase the volume while using headphones for videos?

Thanks in advance! :motdroidhoriz:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

1. While listening to music using the stock music app, is there anyway to change songs without having to turn on the screen? Is there another app that allows or this or can I do it with stock?

2. While playing videos on the Droid the volume for them is not loud enough. Is there any way to increase the volume while using headphones for videos?

1. You can't do it with stock. Not sure about third party apps

2. Use the volume keys on the right side of the Droid to turn the volume up.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score

2. Use the volume keys on the right side of the Droid to turn the volume up.

Without trying to sound like a jerk here, but do you honestly think I dont know that? What I want to do is increase the maximum volume while playing videos because even if its all the way up, its not loud enough to hear on a bus. Thanks for the response though....

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well then obviously if it's maxed up then you can't make it any louder. Unless you edit the video's sound itself then maybe you can make it louder.

bomber889

Reaction score
I think cyanogenmod allows you to change songs using the volume keys, not sure about other roms though

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You might look for another headset that has independent volume controls, maybe an internal amp or something.

Have sort of the same problem with my bluetooth. Volume control is lynced with Droid, so can't make it any louder than the Droid, which isn't very loud and gets distorted at higher levels.

Some of the internal alarms are LOUD. Seems like there would probably be a way to get a little more out of the speakers for music.