Droid Maxx 2 won't turn on

tbrown10a

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx 2
I have a Maxx 2 that was charging and found to be stuck in the middle of the boot logo (The Red circle like thing)
It was warm so I unplugged and it immediately turned off now despite being plugged into the charge it will not turn on. I have tried power and volume down with no luck. I have plugged it into my computer and whats odd is i get sound from the computer indicating that a device has been plugged in. Then while still plugged in I try the Power and volume down and I hear another connect like sound from the computer indicating something is happening within the phone. Any ideas?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried just holding the power button only for 7+ seconds and see if you can force a reboot that way?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
T

tbrown10a

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx 2
Thank you and I just tried holding it down for 20 secs with no luck

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Bummer! How long have you left it plugged in to the original charger since the screen went black? Does it do anything right now when you first plug it in?

OP
T

tbrown10a

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx 2
8 hours on charger. Nope does nothing but like I said when you plug it into a computer the computer recognizes something was plugged in

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well that is no fun. I'm sure you are frustrated. It sounds like the phone nay just be dead at this point. Maybe another member has some ideas? You might want to contact Motorola customer support and discuss warranty options?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sounds like it's actually still ON.

Try holding BOTH the power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. This should force a reboot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
T

tbrown10a

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx 2
I tired that and no luck. I have discovered since my last post the when plugged in to the computer it shows as qhsusb_dload. This seems to indicate a corrupt boot loader. Anyone have any experience recovering from this?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
When did you purchase the device? As @sajokaz mentioned, you might think about contacting Motorola's customer support. You should still be covered under the manufacturers 1 year warranty. That sound like your best bet at this point. Unless of course this happened while you were trying to root the device?

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Droid Maxx 2 was just released in late October 2015, so all phones should still be covered under the original 12 month warranty. Unless it was rooted, attempted to be rooted, bootloader was unlocked, or any other software tampering....they don't cover that.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Last ditch effort on a device with factory qi charging..set it on a qi charging pad and see what it does..if you're familiar with lining it up...if it's going to power on..it will then do so...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Last ditch effort on a device with factory qi charging..set it on a qi charging pad and see what it does..if you're familiar with lining it up...if it's going to power on..it will then do so...
Great advice, and in fact the only way I was able to get my Droid Turbo 2 to wake up when it went completely dead with the previous update (turbocharginggate).
24cfb47e5a6962de005165b69312ec47.jpg

Last edited: