Droid MAXX 2 (aka the Moto X Play for US) Appears Again in Full Form

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-droid-maxx-2-front-back.jpg

Hot on the heels of the leaked Droid MAXX 2 backplate images we revealed yesterday, we have another awesome leak to share with you folks. This time we have images of the final form of the Motorola Droid MAXX 2 (which will basically be the US version of the Moto X Play).

We even have some shots of the OS. The intel revealed by our source and in these images is that the phone is named “lux” and the model number XT1565. If this device really is the same hardware as the Moto X Play, then it will have the following specs:
  • 5.5-inch 1080p display with no capacitive buttons
  • 1.65GHz Snapdragon 615 processor
  • 2GB RAM
  • 21MP camera
  • 3630mAh battery
  • Android 5.1.1
That battery is pretty huge. With the Snapdragon 615, this thing should be an absolute "beast" for battery life!

Thanks for the tip, anonymous!

The rest of the images can be seen in the thread below, and you can find our dedicated section here: DROID MAXX II | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are all of those leaked Droid MAXX 2 images:

moto-droid-maxx-2-front-back.jpg

moto-droid-maxx-2-inside.jpg

moto-xt1565-lux-1.png

moto-xt1565-lux-2.png

moto-xt1565-lux-3.png

moto-xt1565-lux-4.png

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Too many names!! Moto style, moto pure, now droid maxx 2 but its the style.

2gb of ram? Am I thinking that should be more for the year 2015?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The "Maxx" is for Maximum use of surplus parts. Moto X Play, + 2 year old CPU's, etc.
:D I kill me.

But really tho, those who buy this device will hopefully be getting it for battery life, than beast performance. Spap 615 aint no slouch. Just look at all the purty cores.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I want another highly spec'd droid..not phoned in stuff specs from 2 years ago...what in the world....I hope these are the 2 low levels..now let's see the flag ship.. Cause these aren't them..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I want another highly spec'd droid..not phoned in stuff specs from 2 years ago...what in the world....I hope these are the 2 low levels..now let's see the flag ship.. Cause these aren't them..
I agree and said in another post.... I believe that this is the Moto Maxx 2. The pic of the Droid back plate does make me wonder though? But it would not be the first time that a leaked pic did not match the final product. And......still no activity on the Droid Landing page since May. When that lights up....I will start to believe that a new Droid is ready for release, until then anyone can take a pic of a demo phone that looks like the new Droid. Or I am totally wrong. Who knows?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Unknown if this thing will carry SD card expansion. At least it'll come fairly vanilla Android with subtle VZW overlay. Battery life should be fantastic with large sheer battery size and lower pixel count.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I agree and said in another post.... I believe that this is the Moto Maxx 2. The pic of the Droid back plate does make me wonder though? But it would not be the first time that a leaked pic did not match the final product. And......still no activity on the Droid Landing page since May. When that lights up....I will start to believe that a new Droid is ready for release, until then anyone can take a pic of a demo phone that looks like the new Droid. Or I am totally wrong. Who knows?

Yeah lets return our turbos and go get a shiny new razr maxx hd...or a maxx...hell I'd put the maxx in a higher class than these 2 pieces of dated scrap...and I have mine sitting in my drawer..

If this is what vzw has moto go to....cheaper, less spec'd, easier to afford devices..because of their new pricing..I'm gonna have to mail them some vomit in a bag with my last check..

Another car analogy..its like having the ability to have a high hp muscle car...then because a brand changes how they finance..only being able to get a 02 kia optima...with a new paint job..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's in its original box..I'm anal like that..
My Bionic was like that until I started taking it out for runs. Now I'm looking for a smaller phone to run with. around mile 6 that feels like a 10lb weight.