Droid Market Purchase Problem

iba10753

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my particular problem is happening to others as well. Immediately after my Droid purchase, I purchased several Droid Market applications using the Google Checkout process. So far, so good.

All of a sudden, I am now confronted with "invalid credit card information" every time I am trying to purchase new apps that I would like.

I have followed all of the self-help and step-by-step troubleshooting assistance on the checkout.google.com site to no avail. The credit card and address information on the checkout site is *identical* to the information on file with my credit card folks.

Question #1 - is this happening to other people?
Question #2 - has anybody gotten this problem fixed?

Thanks,
Ben

Twoo

Reaction score
No idea, no problem like that for me.

Although every time I update Beautiful Weather I get charged 4 cents to my checking account, that's getting annoying.

OP
I

iba10753

Reaction score
By the way, after looking at a few other possible related threads I wanted to say that I have already checked with my credit card issuer and they have no restrictions on my account that would cause problems with small charges or charges for an app from the UK.

I *think* this is a Google problem but have not found any way to speak, email, or chat with anyone at Google who can look into the problem.

Thanks,
Ben

OP
I

iba10753

Reaction score
More information (for anyone who cares)....it appears that the particular application I was trying to download only allows the use of PayPal for payments. I do not have that particular setup established within my Google Checkout account.

So, anyone else having this problem might be trying to purchase an application that does not accept payment from the particular credit card they have on file at Google Checkout.

I'll update this thread once I get my PayPal information into the Google Checkout account.

Thanks,
Ben

OP
I

iba10753

Reaction score
Update - Google Checkout and PayPal are competitors so I am not able to put PayPal payment option into the Google Checkout system. I emailed the author of the application I'm interested in and he advised me to simply send him a PayPal payment and he would get the software to me.

My next issue is going to be to determine the way (if it exists) to self-install a Droid application without downloading it from the Market.

Thanks,
Ben

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
My next issue is going to be to determine the way (if it exists) to self-install a Droid application without downloading it from the Market.

I too have had problems with Google Checkout and it aggravates the hell out of me that there is no way to contact them other than a form which allows no explanation of what your true complaint is. Doing some research on it there seems to be a lot of complaints about they way they handle this.

I put a gift card initially (which it quite clearly says you're allowed to do) and both apps I bought were rejected even though Google took the money off the card. I've filed several times only to get canned responses.

As for installing an app you download, the Droid is pretty good about seeing them and will usually automagically install them.

normbarb

Reaction score
I tried to purchase an app last night. Entered my credit card several times and I kept getting an error message, tried a second card with the same result. Finally gave up. Was not able to purchase app.

mach330

Reaction score
i have similar problems. i noticed that it only happens to me when the app is not in $.