Droid making calls on it's own

Brian2267

Reaction score
In the past couple of weeks I've been getting calls from people telling me that they noticed I called them and were returning my call. The odd thing is I don't know any of these people and there is nothing in my call log that indicates I ever called their number inadvertently. It's like my phone is making random calls in the background. I'm now getting 2-3 calls per day so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I've only loaded one app in the past couple of weeks "Bluetooth File Transfer".

heatmisr

Reaction score
Either of you using an aftermarket charger? Quite a few people had this problem in the past and it was narrowed down to using a non-OEM charger.

HouseOfZane

Reaction score
Soon, it will probably start going crazy on you... giving random unlock patterns, picking random apps, moving the screen around, etc.

I've heard about the non-OEM charger theory, but that just doesn't make sense IMHO. I was just reading a thread that said the 2.2 update was the right fix.

My motodroid starting doing this about 3 weeks before I got the x. Even when I could manage to make a call, sometimes it would call the wrong person. My advice would be to back everything up and call verizon to tell them your issue... they're very well aware of it and will probably send a replacement.

OP
B

Brian2267

Reaction score
I'm using the Motorola OEM charger. I read through many postings and noticed several pointing to the charger. I too find it hard to believe it would be the charger. These calls happen when it's not tethered to the charger. Thanks for your responses

tschirtz

Reaction score
It would appear mine was the dreaded OEM charger issue. I had a BB charger left over that had the mini USB connector. I have been charging with it without an issue for the last couple weeks. Last night was the first time I experienced a problem with it. I unhooked it and did the power down power up cycle to clear any issues. I connected it to the BB charger again to double check and after a short time connected, it started flashing, buzzing and was unresponsive. I disconnected it an connected it to the Moto OEM power charger and everything was fine. I have watched for the day and I would say that was the issue.

It makes no sense that it worked for a while like this and now it is a problem. must have been one of the updates that came through. Is Moto more interested in selling more OEM chargers or Droid phones?

What a PIA!

Last edited:

diverbelow

Reaction score
Last week, when my wife and I was in the hospital and I had the charger that came with my Droid.
My phone was not charging, but I noticed I missed a call. I called the number back no answer but few minutes later that number called me back, and spoke to the lady that she was returning my phone call. I said that I did not dial your number. Then I looked on my call log, sure enough my phone called her number 3 times, minutes apart.

I read other people saying use the OEM charger, which I am wonder if it could have been the hospital's power.

MaryAnna

Reaction score
Well, I had my visual voice mail light up on my way to work @ 4:30 am this morning. Some woman said "this is Donna, I'm up, call me back" I never called her, my log never showed that I called. When she called back, it turns out, Droid called her from my FaceBook friends (when I first got droid, I transferred all my contacts, I didn't realize at first it also synced all of them too) Worse part, she was in a family emergency and thought this call was from someone who needed help.

My droid also makes a very loud screeching noise for no apparent reason, I find this very scary. I have to power off and on (like a computer)