droid made medical emmergency even harder

npm

Reaction score
Not to go too deep into what happend, there was a "medical emergency" today and what happend was very disconcerning. I was texting my mom while she was taking another family member to the hospital and on my droid 4 the text i sent was a normal text but what she recieved was a whole bunch of symbols "(*&^%%^$@!)" U know. This confused her, so she didnt text back and thus i was left out of the loop. Is this something wrong with my phone (brand new, 4 days ago) or her phone its a decdent flip phone, or could it just be some sort of mishap with verizon. I would normally ignore something like this, but in an emergency this makes the phone more aof a liability than a tool of rescue. Thanks in advance for whatever answer can be dug up on the issue.... FYI, down with the iphone. Droid and verizon wont slow my phone down on purpose just to get me to buy the newest model.

Benton

Reaction score
Never had a text message do that with any of the phones I have used so am not sure what that was. I am not sure I understand the slow-down comment. Best wishes on the medical emergency and hope it all works out well, not a time to have communication dropped!

OP
N

npm

Reaction score
The slow down comment is in reference to all those people who are sueing at&t because the deliberatly slowed down the web connections on the iphone after so long because the new iphone came out and they wanted it to look "faster" so people would upgrade from iphone 3gs or iphone 4 to upgrade to the iphone 4gs. I dont know if its true, but thousands of people who are filing lawsuits claim its true. Ill stick with my droid4 thank you.

The txting issue hasnt happend again, and in asking some of my friends if u hit the shift key 5 times durimg a txt "sorta like sticky keys" there is a possibility of this happening. Although i dont want to test this incase it messes with my phone, so ill just let it be and respect the shift key a little more.

moccor

Reaction score
This happened before when a friend sent a text. It was cuz she was on a custom ROM and there was a setting in her Messenger.apk to split messages after 150 characters or so, and it wasn't checked. Upon checking it, it sent texts fine.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Texting should NEVER be used for important communications. SMS messaging is lowest priority on the network.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The slow down comment is in reference to all those people who are sueing at&t because the deliberatly slowed down the web connections on the iphone after so long because the new iphone came out and they wanted it to look "faster" so people would upgrade from iphone 3gs or iphone 4 to upgrade to the iphone 4gs. I dont know if its true, but thousands of people who are filing lawsuits claim its true. Ill stick with my droid4 thank you.

The txting issue hasnt happend again, and in asking some of my friends if u hit the shift key 5 times durimg a txt "sorta like sticky keys" there is a possibility of this happening. Although i dont want to test this incase it messes with my phone, so ill just let it be and respect the shift key a little more.

The lawsuit has nothing to do with the iPhone specifically. People are sueing AT&T for advertising "unlimited" data and throttling heavy users. Some guy successfully sued and won $850.

Matt Spaccarelli, iPhone User, Awarded $850 In AT&T Data-Throttling Case

If I am not mistaken, Verizon announced that they will throttle heavy users as well, so I can see this happening on our network at some point, as well.

Spaccarelli's beef was that they throttled him after using only 1.5-2GB of data, which didn't even hit the 3GB limit that AT&T sells you for $30/month. I agree with him, as I don't feel 1.5-2GB is excessive.