droid keeps waking up

ryan586

Reaction score
On my drive to work this morning my droid turbo kept waking up on every bump. I already turned off the wave to wake option because every time I'm had to reach for something it turned on. How do I get it to not wake on the bumps.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I just reported the same thing in another thread, it's a bit hypersensitive.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't work, when I moved my hand over screen, phone doesn't come on but just the slightest movement it comes on.

Last edited:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not bumps or physical motion, light motion wakes it up, I turn mine over on the seat. To test it, lay it on your desk and put a business card over the top 1/2 inch of the phone and wait for it to sleep. Now wave your hands, bump your desk, chase the secretary around and it stays in sleepy land.
Doesn't change the fact it is "over sensitive" I think my phone may have had a rough childhood or needs a hug or something.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So does this have to do with that fancy lockscreen notification feature?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
So does this have to do with that fancy lockscreen notification feature?

Yes, the Op is referring to when the phone "wakes up" and lets you know something has happened OR you can wave your hand and check the time etc. It is very sensitive.

TatDroid

Reaction score
So, when you say "wake up" you just mean the that the notification pulses on, not that the entire screen comes on, right? As I understand it, that uses a very very small amount of battery.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes just the time and notification (if there is one) comes on. If you turn it over it won't come on. It's like the light in the fridge when you close the door :D

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
BTW: Loving this notification stuff. Very cool to be able to see whats up. Now, any trick to it?
If I want to engage the text or email - I have to go thru the normal open steps?
Ooops nevermind, I just figured it out. Man, these designs are so intuitive.

Really starting to Love this phone...... Hey Fox, Yours coming tomorrow?

OP
R

ryan586

Reaction score
In my car if I set it on the seat with screen side up every bump the time and lock turn on. My held awake time is an hour and a half like its waking alot if thats what that stat means

TatDroid

Reaction score
In my car if I set it on the seat with screen side up every bump the time and lock turn on. My held awake time is an hour and a half like its waking alot if thats what that stat means
Yep, that's how Active Notifications is designed to come on. If you don't need it, flip it over. Being face down deactivates Active Notifications.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

OP
R

ryan586

Reaction score
Yep, that's how Active Notifications is designed to come on. If you don't need it, flip it over. Being face down deactivates Active Notifications.

Sent from my Droid Turbo
How do I know its not going to turn on in my pocket if its that sensitive?