DROID ISSUES: Post yours here via Reply

mjshuster1

Reaction score
Firmware
·[FONT=&quot] When alarm is set and clock is docked in multimedia station, sometimes the snooze/dismiss buttons don't appear on the screen when the alarm goes off[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] When a shortcut to a folder was left open on a side home screen, returning to center home from any application brings you back to this opened folder in the side screen instead of center home[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] When sliding phone open/closed, touchscreen and buttons should be disabled until slide is complete[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] Widget update problems (clocks, weather, etc)[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] No native ability to change vibration intensities[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] Voice search is HORRIBLE for calling people[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] Voice search should be able to open a new txt to a contact[/FONT]

Application
·[FONT=&quot] When composing a txt to a contact, no native ability to add additional contacts to the txt message[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] Contacts application is screwy. When editing a contact, scroll down and there are multiple "google contacts" entries for a contact[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] No native settings to change clock appearance or add date on home screen[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] Long press on a contact during home search should result in options (edit, call, txt, etc)[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] When viewing a contact (not editing), long press on a field should allow editing of specific field[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] No native ability to add shortcuts on home to direct call/txt contacts. Should also allow for direct calls/txts to groups of contacts as well[/FONT]

Camera
·[FONT=&quot] Camera is awful (blurry photos, shutter timing)[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] Camera app is very clunky (viewing pics, zooming)[/FONT]

Google Navigation
·[FONT=&quot] No ability to set favorites ("navigate to work", “navigate home”)[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] No ability to go to last visited/favorite locations[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] Easy to accidently exit out of a current navigation[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] NO ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL[/FONT]

GuyWithDogs

Reaction score
Email App (NOT GMail)
-No way to restore an accidentally deleted email from Trash to Inbox or other folder

raqball

Reaction score
The ability to change the font size.... Please let me change the font size... :)

phillyphill39

Reaction score
(No native ability to add shortcuts on home to direct call/txt contacts. Should also allow for direct calls/txts to groups of contacts as well)

Cant you long press on the home screen and ad a shortcut with the contact you want to dial and text? I've added contacts on my home screen so that i just press it and it dials them

Ben

Reaction score
In addition to the first list of problems....

Hotmail sync and outlook sync without using exchange.

No way to set alert times for alerts (twitter, emails, updates etc.) nothing worse than hearing alerts for emails tweets and arriving at 2am.

GPS does not work!! I have been locked on to GPS only twice since having the phone, all other times it searches for satellites.

snosamie6

Reaction score
Setting when syncing can occur is a feature I think you can edit in the app Locale. I just use it to turn off notifications at night and I already have all of my apps to sync manually (saves battery power).

On the first post the issues raised about Google Nav are HUGE. That is why I got this device and not the Eris. If I don't think these will be resolved, I am going to return my device before the end of the month because it would be far easier on the Eris. I love the voice features but they are not fully functional. I mean c'mon! I can't say "Navigate Home"? I attempted to do this by saving an address in my contacts (when I couldn't find a favorites menu). Fixxxx it. Fix it.

hal9000

Reaction score
Sound echo on the other end of the phone call. Confirmed numerous times by my wife. Echo still persists after setting it to EVRC-B.

lhfarm

Reaction score
Audio app doesn't play .wav files

Mamy phone systems attach voicemail wav files to email. Droid can't play these and haven't found alternative player that works.:mad:

Deal breaker for many business users.

Barry

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Navigator should display current speed.

Ditto on the inability not to store favorite locations (home, etc) in Navigator.

Shaalan

Reaction score
No way to delete multiple contacts. I have over 1000, and several hundred imported incorrectly. Business contacts with no first and last name display in the list by their phone number instead of the company name. (VZW Rep did the import from a bb. )

rms2219

Reaction score
Face ending (or muting) call

Are there any settings for the screen to lock either until I say to unlock or the call is ended when in a phone call? I've had too many instances where I'm in a phone call and if I move the phone slightly away from my face (or even adjust it near my face), the screen pops back on and sometimes I don't realize this, and my face will either end the call or mute it (or do any other function listed directly on the in-call screen). Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Budman17r

Reaction score
Firmware
·When alarm is set and clock is docked in multimedia station, sometimes the snooze/dismiss buttons don't appear on the screen when the alarm goes off
·When a shortcut to a folder was left open on a side home screen, returning to center home from any application brings you back to this opened folder in the side screen instead of center home
·When sliding phone open/closed, touchscreen and buttons should be disabled until slide is complete
·Widget update problems (clocks, weather, etc)
·No native ability to change vibration intensities
·Voice search is HORRIBLE for calling people
·Voice search should be able to open a new txt to a contact

Application
·When composing a txt to a contact, no native ability to add additional contacts to the txt message
·Contacts application is screwy. When editing a contact, scroll down and there are multiple "google contacts" entries for a contact
·No native settings to change clock appearance or add date on home screen
·Long press on a contact during home search should result in options (edit, call, txt, etc)
·When viewing a contact (not editing), long press on a field should allow editing of specific field
·No native ability to add shortcuts on home to direct call/txt contacts. Should also allow for direct calls/txts to groups of contacts as well

Camera
·Camera is awful (blurry photos, shutter timing)
·Camera app is very clunky (viewing pics, zooming)

Google Navigation
·No ability to set favorites ("navigate to work", “navigate home”)
·No ability to go to last visited/favorite locations
·Easy to accidently exit out of a current navigation
·NO ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL

My droid does allow multiple contacts ( I do it all the time? Just touch up in the box again...

eversonsc

Reaction score
There is "time until reaching destination" on the lower right hand corner of the navigation. Yes I like when it says the time I will arrive but at least it tells me how much longer I have until I reach my destination.

medrv002

Reaction score
im having a hard time syncing my eris to my laptop. it wont even recognize that my eris is plugged into my laptop therefore i cannot sync anything.... help?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way to delete multiple contacts. I have over 1000, and several hundred imported incorrectly. Business contacts with no first and last name display in the list by their phone number instead of the company name. (VZW Rep did the import from a bb. )

You should be able to clear up your multiple contacts easily in gmail on line. Go to your on line gmail account and you will see a button to the right to find duplicates. Click on that and it will bring them up for you. Delete the duplicate contacts and gmail will sync with your phone (provided you have your phone to sync with gmail, which you should).

You will also be able to go over your contacts here. Whomever you want in your contacts click to the "my contacts" list and they should appear on the phone.

Hope this helps, I know it looks like you have some manual work to do. I really don't know why the Verizon reps don't explain how gmail works and let people do this themselves.