Droid Incredible WiFi Hot Spot?

Gordon54

Reaction score
I have a Droid Incredible from Verizon and was wondering if there is any way I can make it a FREE hot spot for my Ipad. Verizon gets enough $$ for Data plan.

Help
Gordon dancedroid

Twist747

Reaction score
PDANet works for me. It's bluetooth to my laptop. I assume it works for an Ipad.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved to correct sub-forum.

gsf

Reaction score
will this work with the IPAD so that i can get on internet with ipad?

I use my Incredible as a hotspot for my iPad, but with WiFi available in many places i only need my hotspot periodically.

D

dankarlinski

root using Z4root and dl wireless tether. Z4 may or may not be on the market still. it is pulled nad re added quite a bit. i have a copy if needed. wireless tether is on the market for free. you will just need to install SU for it to work (which is installed on custom roms if you are running one)

coskier

Reaction score
You can do this without a root. Found this on another board:

We do not condone or allow discussions about hacking the official Verizon Hotspot on this board. Thank you.
I have also done this, and it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

chartle

Reaction score
You can do this without a root. Found this on another board:
We do not condone or allow discussions about hacking the official Verizon Hotspot on this board. Thank you.
I have also done this, and it works fine.

Once you do this how do you connect, do you just turn hotspot on or do you do something else?

Also what exactly are you doing? I have a work phone and I don't want my work to know I'm screwing around with my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

chartle

Reaction score
PDANet works for me. It's bluetooth to my laptop. I assume it works for an Ipad.

For PDANet don't you have to run something on your PC to connect?

If you do, I doubt there is a PDANet app in the itunes app store.

Also I think an ipad can only connect to the internet over wi fi, no Ethernet cable, no usb.

coskier

Reaction score
So by yourvznumber@ do you mean my cell number so it would be like 4129999999@.

Yes

Once you do this how do you connect, do you just turn hotspot on or do you do something else?

Yes, you just turn on Hotspot. The first time it will still give you a warning about the data plan (or some such thing), but it does not enable the additional billing on your account, nor are you charged for anything new.

Also what exactly are you doing? I have a work phone and I don't want my work to know I'm screwing around with my phone.

Honestly, I do not know what is being changed from a VZW perspective. They are simple phone settings though, and your office won't know that you did anything, unlike a root that is fairly easy to see.

Wannabe Jedi

Reaction score
This is the info I am seeking. I am about to get a droid (X) for both my girlfriend and myself. The ONLY reason I am considering rooting is to install wifi tether. However, I have seen that with Froyo, this root app functionality is available stock? But would using the stock mobile hotspot app trigger the extra $20 and 2GB cap charged by the phone nazis?

Coskier, I couldn't find any link or anything in your post about what you found on another board. Seems like we are talking about the same thing.

coskier

Reaction score
This is the info I am seeking. I am about to get a droid (X) for both my girlfriend and myself. The ONLY reason I am considering rooting is to install wifi tether. However, I have seen that with Froyo, this root app functionality is available stock? But would using the stock mobile hotspot app trigger the extra $20 and 2GB cap charged by the phone nazis?

Coskier, I couldn't find any link or anything in your post about what you found on another board. Seems like we are talking about the same thing.

PM me your email address and we can talk offline.