Droid Incredible Saves Man's Life - Stops a Bullet

OP
G

Grimster

Mythbusters did this with a laptop and found that the bullets went through the laptop except when it hit the battery, I believe it stopped all pistol rounds. Granted it's still larger then a phone battery, but this is easily plausible.
Errr no. Laptop batteries are 5 times thicker and are more dense than the li-ion polymer battery in the Inc. This claim is just a stupid ploy to impress uneducated people.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Mythbusters did this with a laptop and found that the bullets went through the laptop except when it hit the battery, I believe it stopped all pistol rounds. Granted it's still larger then a phone battery, but this is easily plausible.
Errr no. Laptop batteries are 5 times thicker and are more dense than the li-ion polymer battery in the Inc. This claim is just a stupid ploy to impress uneducated people.
How is what I said wrong? I said "granted laptop batteries are thicker then phone batteries", and you replied "errr no".

chuck89447

Reaction score
I believe the man had an EVO, not to rain on anyone's parade. It was the battery that stopped it.

schollianmj

Reaction score
actually Im not that surprised. depending on the caliber of the weapon and the type of ammo some have very little penetration and thus could easily be stopped.