Droid Incredible Saves Man's Life - Stops a Bullet

beneharris

Reaction score
gotta love the droid line...even though it was the HTC....imagine what the xoom will stop, lol.

Seriously though must of been a .38 or 380...but the pics of guns looks like a 9mm, I would think anything bigger would of went through. Be cool to see this on Mythbusters
yeah there is no way it was a direct shot, and the shooter probably wasn't anywhere near him. but its still awesome

OP
G

Grimster

Baloney...

The bullet would have went through the phone easy and not just dent the [COLOR=#812528 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#812528 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]battery[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] slightly. Even a small .22 bullet. People that believe these stupid stories have never fired a hand gun before so they have no idea I guess.

It maybe possible that a bullet ricochet off something a few times and hit [COLOR=#812528 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#812528 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]his [/FONT][COLOR=#812528 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]phone[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] but at such a slow/weak velocity either way we would have not been injured.

marcm

Reaction score
Actually it looks like it was actually the battery that stopped the bullet, not the phone. I once was standing next to a bouncer at a club when a bullet came through the glass of the outside door and lodged in his forehead. He just pulled it out with his hand. Last summer some axxhoxx threw my Incredible off a 2nd story deck onto a street. The back cover was by the near curb, the main part was in the opposite lane of traffic, and the battery was on the opposite site of the street behind a parked car. I put it back together and it worked fine. Only a slight dent on the corner of the case where it hit the ground and a slightly bend battery connector wire. That was amazing. A week later I saw the pics of the guy's Incredible that fell into a camp fire. Case all melted but screen good and phone working fine. That was truly amazing.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The red circle around the camera lens scared the bullet enough to slow it down

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Bdalydroid

Reaction score
That's crazy..i work as a valet lol I'm scared at work right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

geoff5093

Reaction score
Mythbusters did this with a laptop and found that the bullets went through the laptop except when it hit the battery, I believe it stopped all pistol rounds. Granted it's still larger then a phone battery, but this is easily plausible.