droid incredible facebook account problems

toreesmith

Reaction score
i have a droid incredible and my facebook contacts werent updating so i uninstalled facebook and reinstalled it bcuz i read to do that somewhere. it now does not let me add the facebook account. when i press it it just doesnt do anything. it lets me chose the facebook for htc sense but when i do that no cantacts ever show up. anyone can help?

ssDroid

Reaction score
My Facebook account stopped syncing to my Charge 2 weeks ago. In the "Accounts and sync" settings, the FB entry stated that there was a problem syncing and it would be back shortly. About a week later, I couldn't sign into the FB app.

I tried uninstalling the Facebook app and the sync settings, with the intention of reinstalling them. Instead the problem persisted with the app and I couldn't even recreate the sync setting with FB and all my FB contacts and calendar events were gone from the phone.

The problem appears to have originated from the fact that the email accounts (both gmail) associated with my Droid and with my FB account were different. I changed my FB settings on my computer to reflect the gmail account I use for my Droid to be the primary for my FB account. Problem immediately solved.