Can't remove facebook account from my accounts?

octopi

Reaction score
I have the Droid X and yesterday I got the update for android 2.3, so I updated it and everything was okay (sorta), and I didn't like how my facebook contacts and my cell phone contacts got all mashed together in one, so I decided to remove my facebook account from the My Accounts thing. But when I went there to remove the account, my facebook account didn't show up. So I went to add accounts to see if it even had facebook anymore and it did and it also said I already had an account synced up with it, but the account wasn't showing up. I want to get rid of my facebook from My Accounts, but the account isn't even there (even though it says it's all hooked up). I'm sorry if it all sounds confusing, but I really wanna remove it. (It's not the facebook APP, it's the motoblur/My Accounts thing I need to get rid of).

Arpples

Reaction score
I used SQLite Editor.
-Open the app and navigate to Accounts Storage (com.motorola.blur.setupprovider) should be the second one in the list
-Open serviceaccounts.db
-Open accounts
-Scroll right until you see Facebook under the category account_pretty_name
-Select that line and press the menu key
-Select Delete Record and confirm

You must be rooted and grant SQLite superuser permissions.

I did this with my Atrix, but it should be the same as your Droid X. Hope that helped.

lmannor

Reaction score
ok but help please?

ok so i am not even sure where to start with the sqlite thing you mention. i am having the same problem but not sure where to start, do i download the progrqam and then link my phone?? i am not really sure. thanks for your help.

kirishgh

Reaction score
if I have the original droid x and would like to update the os for processing purposes what is the most recently updated version and how do I download it... I've browsed the marketplace to find nothing...? and p.s. will it mess with the settings I have already set with apps such as launcher pro and handcent messenger...?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kirishgh

Reaction score
if I have the original droid x and would like to update the os for processing purposes what is the most recently updated version and how do I download it... I've browsed the marketplace to find nothing...? and p.s. will it mess with the settings I have already set with apps such as launcher pro and handcent messenger...?

Arpples

Reaction score
ok so i am not even sure where to start with the sqlite thing you mention. i am having the same problem but not sure where to start, do i download the progrqam and then link my phone?? i am not really sure. thanks for your help.

SQLite Editor is an app available on the Android market for just under $3 (or you could alternately pirate it, but nobody does that >.>). Just launch the app and follow the steps in my previous post, no need to have it plugged in to your computer. All that process does is remove your facebook account from your phone.

I removed mine from Settings>Accounts, but it still left a check next to the facebook logo on the Add Account screen. When I tried to re-add my account, my phone said that there was already a facebook account synced with the phone (and due to motoblur's limitations, could not add a second). I'm certain that this is a bug that motorola simply overlooked, and this was the easiest fix I found for it.

mtuchris

Reaction score
I had changed my FB password and it wouldn't update my MOTOBLUR feeds anymore. When I tried removing and re-adding my account I only got access denied messages no matter what password was in there. I tried the fix above and it didn't work, ended up doing a factory reset to solve the problem. My back ups worked so it wasn't a problem. My advice to anyone who wants to change a password is to remove the account first and the add it back after.

KCraig

Reaction score
Just fixed this issue today on my rooted Droid 3 Android version 2.3.4

I had removed the built in social networking app but while troubleshooting this i decided to reinstall it. After reinstalling the social networking app i opened it and hit configure, after it loaded through some stuff it brought me to a page to add accounts that looks just like the page when you go to Settings>Accounts but when i clicked on the facebook app with the little green check mark from this page it not only said that there is already an account so i couldn't add one but it asked me if i wanted to remove the existing one, I said yes. Then went back to the regular Settings>Accounts and was able to re add my facebook account. Then I just removed the built in social networking app again and all is good. :)

shellydsizemore

Reaction score
Just fixed this issue today on my rooted Droid 3 Android version 2.3.4

I had removed the built in social networking app but while troubleshooting this i decided to reinstall it. After reinstalling the social networking app i opened it and hit configure, after it loaded through some stuff it brought me to a page to add accounts that looks just like the page when you go to Settings>Accounts but when i clicked on the facebook app with the little green check mark from this page it not only said that there is already an account so i couldn't add one but it asked me if i wanted to remove the existing one, I said yes. Then went back to the regular Settings>Accounts and was able to re add my facebook account. Then I just removed the built in social networking app again and all is good. :)

How do you remove a built in app? I tried the traditional method and it wouldn't even give me the option to delete...I am having this same problem, except I never did remove my facebook acct...it just isn't listed in my accounts list and won't let me add because it is already added...I considered backing up all my apps and reseting phone, but what about apps I have paid for? Easy Tether Pro won't back up to SD card and I don't want to have to pay for it again...

KCraig

Reaction score
How do you remove a built in app? I tried the traditional method and it wouldn't even give me the option to delete...I am having this same problem, except I never did remove my facebook acct...it just isn't listed in my accounts list and won't let me add because it is already added...I considered backing up all my apps and reseting phone, but what about apps I have paid for? Easy Tether Pro won't back up to SD card and I don't want to have to pay for it again...

You have to be rooted to remove the built in app, but if you haven't removed it manually then you don't need to worry about reinstalling it. I never removed my account when this starting happening as well. As far as your paid apps go, they are linked with your google account so after adding your google account after a reset you can re download all your paid apps without having to repay, including easy tether pro which I also have.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

KCraig

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Any advice on the best free backup app available?

The free version of Titanium Backup is really good for backing up apps but only if you are rooted, not sure of a good free one for not being rooted

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums