Droid Incredible closed out

DroidDoesDallas

Reaction score
I don't have a horse in this race, but I hate to see internet bullies go unchecked... In the real world, both the Droid and Incredible are great phones. A quick google search ("motorola droid vs htc droid incredible") reflects this. Of the reviews on the first results page, 4 say the Incredible is the winner (DigitalTrends, ZDNet, SlashGear, Engadget), one says the Droid is better for hardcore texters (Brighthand), and one says it is too close to call and they are both great phones (611Connect).

Both phones have great modding communities. More has been done on the Droid because it has been out 6 months longer. Honestly, the phones are so similar in most ways, this kind of squabbling is silly. I'm glad to see Android devices getting better, and getting more popular. The Incredible is half a year newer and will be a great choice for many people. The Droid is still very competitive despite its older hardware, and in any case, will be updated soon. More choice in the marketplace benefits everyone. Trash talking benefits no one.

Good to see the SKU issue has been cleared up. Wouldn't make much sense for Verizon to cancel a phone when they can't even keep up with the demand for it a month after launch... 4G is coming, but we are years away from any network pulling their 3G phones. So that explanation (lack of 4G) would not make much sense.

for the record, I'm 23, I go by facts, the facts are, of all the problems I've seen bringing android down as a whole, somehow, they all have something to do with the quality of HTC phones, they just seem to be weaker than the droid, higher clock speed, unless you root and overclock the moto. Motorola uses better parts and higher quality materials. I've dropped my phone plenty of times and it's not damaged. I've seen a ton of reviews / complaints about HTC, sorry you got an HTC phone and bought into their BS, they make crap phones with an even worse UI that takes twice as long to update to the newest version of android, call me 17, call me stupid, call me a fanboy, either way, I'm running 2.2 because the droid has a great modding community and noone cares about the incredible. so sorry.

exdirrk

Reaction score
Are great
If that's what you need to tell yourself... both are great phones but as a user of both- inc > droid
And as far as most modded, I think t

I wouldn't doubt the G1 is the most modded / hacked / whatever because it is ancient (at least in terms of phones). but the droid outpowers the inc, because it has a better processor, you can deny that until the cows come home, but the OMAP is more powerful than the snapdragon.

Lol at trying to claim the omap is a better processor. If its so amazing why are no.new phones using it? Because the snapdragon is 10x better.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

no new phones are using omap?...droid x droid 2....IMO omap has proven it is powerful and capable of being a overclocked without problems. my droid goes faster than the snapdragon even when i run it at 900mhz and now with 2.2 its obviously unfair but its doubles incredible benchmarks.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Are great
If that's what you need to tell yourself... both are great phones but as a user of both- inc > droid
And as far as most modded, I think t

I wouldn't doubt the G1 is the most modded / hacked / whatever because it is ancient (at least in terms of phones). but the droid outpowers the inc, because it has a better processor, you can deny that until the cows come home, but the OMAP is more powerful than the snapdragon.

Lol at trying to claim the omap is a better processor. If its so amazing why are no.new phones using it? Because the snapdragon is 10x better.

The droid x isn't a new phone? Maybe no new HTC phones are using it because they have a contract with qualcomm? Droid X uses a OMAP.

Yodes

Reaction score

Sen

no new phones are using omap?...droid x droid 2....IMO omap has proven it is powerful and capable of being a overclocked without problems. my droid goes faster than the snapdragon even when i run it at 900mhz and now with 2.2 its obviously unfair but its doubles incredible benchmarks.

Where's your data that proves your Droid at 900mhz runs faster than a 1ghz snapdragon? Where's my proof? I see no evidence to support this.

Guchi

Reaction score
my droid goes faster than the snapdragon even when i run it at 900mhz and now with 2.2 its obviously unfair but its doubles incredible benchmarks.

so faster than the N1s? I dont think so. because those are the same snapdragon as the inc has. inc is running stock still so compare apples to apples.....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I gotta agree on the cpu part. HTC made some kinda strange decisions with regards to what cpu they are using/have used.

They have a contract to use the Snapdragon, fine. But there were some revisions to the current Snapdragon that woulda made the Inc and the EVO even better phones. But they didnt go with it, and decided to put it in an upcoming WinMo phone first. I have seen revisions of motherboards in PC's that get pushed out there so quick u wouldnt even notice it unless u were looking for it.

I dont get it. Especially with them seeing the Droid already out and what specs it had, they shoulda tried a lil harder to outdo it. And especially with the EVO. "America's 1st 4G phone" deserved a wee bit better cpu.

This is from 2009:

Qualcomm Inc Q3 Earnings Call Transcript - Earnings calls

At the Computech show in June we announced an extension of the Snapdragon road map with the QSD 8650 A. The 8650 A offers a 1.3 GHz core for 30% greater processing capability and enhanced graphics while leveraging 45 nanometer technology for 30% lower power consumption.

U mean to tell me they couldnt put that in the Inc or the EVO? 45nm should help with battery life. We wont really know until the X and Droid 2 gets battery life reviews.

But hey, the Droid is clocked at 550Mhz, the Inc clocked at 1Ghz....Better cpu. I get it.

Lets see how well they compare with a 1Ghz OMAP vz a 1Ghz Snapdragon....

Guchi

Reaction score
i said this before but i guess i used too many words.
I dont care about the benchmarks, I have both, use them side by side and tell me the droid is smoother/faster, you cant.

Guchi

Reaction score
ok ok so i guess since all you guys need to measure your... oops i mean compare benchmarks. how are we saying the omap is better guys?? really? your comparing your highly modded phone to a stock one heres modded v modded

a modded droid (omap)
CAP201006010937.jpg

and a modded N1 (snapdragon)
snap20100619200923.png

source of nexus benchmark

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
He said overclocked, which will probably have a custom ROM, which will probably be optimized, may even be using Swap in the kernel....

Launcher Pro and ADW already proved that homescreen scrolling has more to do with the launcher than anything for smooth homescreen scrolling.

But I said a current OMAP vs a current Snapdragon. I guess I used too many words tooo...

I will rephrase it yet again, this time with not so many words...how about a current Droid (Droid 2) vs current Inc.?

Guchi

Reaction score
Oh your calling the current omap the one thats not in consumer devices yet! i see!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would love to go up against a N1 with a current OMAP..

And is that running 2.1 or 2.2....cuz the graph I showed was 2.1

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats why I showed the graph I showed...it was running 2.1.....maybe I shoulda spelled it out.....