Droid Inc battery trick

Fizban22

Reaction score
Hey whats that battery trick that gives you a little more battery life?? i saw it on one of the threads before (i think it was actually in the DX forum, someone suggested it to help increase DX battery life but then everyone else said it only worked on the Inc).

its something like charge, then unplus, do something else, plus in, charge. i dunno exactly but its something along the lines of that.

if anyone could help me our or give me the link to the correct thread ide appreciate that. ive been searching for it but cant find it. thanks.

chartle

Reaction score
I did the non root version.

After I plugged it in the second time it charged for maybe 15 - 20 minutes more.

I then did around 20 minutes of heavy web browsing and instead of the battery down to 75% or less it was around 85%.

It seems that the root version "resets" the battery so you don't have to do it every time.

shadow man

Reaction score
I noticed the other morning that I was at 89% with in 5 minutes of pulling it off the charger, but I did see 99% after doing the bump charge. I guess I'll just throw out there since discovering it today, that after rooting and using SetCpu to underclock the phone when the screen goes out saved me a TON of juice. I was probably sitting at 80% still after 7 hours...mind you that this was with minimal phone usage, but still improvement.

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Its ridiculous that HTC within a few weeks of the launch of the EVO sends out an update to fix their battery problem, yet ours goes unaddressed since May.