Droid holster

kkwan77

Reaction score
Does anyone know if using a BB belt holster that has that magnetic flap to keep it closed will affect the touchscreen on the Motorola Droid? :icon_ banana:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Won't affect the touchscreen but might put you in car or home mode if the magnet is in the right place...

b8b

Reaction score
I have a BB holster from the Storm and it fits perfectly. It puts mine in car mode sometimes, but I don't see it making any difference... where are the profiles changed?

reidry

Reaction score
I have played with the magnetic pouches and holsters with my Droid. They definitely put it into Car or Multimedia mode. I don't think that part is harmful, however if you jiggle the holster around a little you will see that the Droid moves around enough to cause the Car or Multimedia mode to stop and reactivate which turns the display on - I believe in the long term this will affect battery life.

I haven't found an idea solution yet.

Ryan

tdmvlm

Reaction score
I have played with the magnetic pouches and holsters with my Droid. They definitely put it into Car or Multimedia mode. I don't think that part is harmful, however if you jiggle the holster around a little you will see that the Droid moves around enough to cause the Car or Multimedia mode to stop and reactivate which turns the display on - I believe in the long term this will affect battery life.

I haven't found an idea solution yet.

Ryan
I was using one and it would unlock phone and would start apps. I was at a verizon store yesterday and they said not to use a pouch with a magnetic flap. I bought one for for my droid that had a velcro flap and I haven't had a problem since.

Spartan

Reaction score
Definitely would not use one with a magnet. Because of that, I've been on a mission to find the perfect holster. I wanted something that would slide in vertically and quality made. Couldn't find anything labeled specifically for the Droid, but I did find this Sena case for the iphone.

SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE ELEGA POUCH

It fits great and is really well made. Good quality leather with a very nice soft interior. Holds the Droid nice and snug. All I need to add now is the Zagg Invishield on the screen.

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
I went to the VZW store and they were trying to sell me the Droid Eris holster with magnetic flaps. :)

I went with one with a velcro flap - I feel so 80s. :)

ElderEddie

Reaction score
I already had a case with a magnet in it for my Blackberry before I got the Droid. I just carefully cut the magnet out of the flap from the inside, put two pennies where the magnet was for weight, and then took piece of strong tape to hold the pennies in and for two cents have a case that won't activate the docking or car modes.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
What about cases built specifically for droids that have magnets...I ordered the Seido one. I would hate to have to mess up my phone...

Shawn2774

Reaction score
I use a case with a magnet and have not had any negative consequences. I have not seen it affect the modes at all.

Manigma77

Reaction score
I just found an app in the market today called Dock Block, it will prevent the phone from going into the home dock or car dock app. I think you have to pay a small amout for it, but it may be worth it to some of you.