DROID Hints: POP3, GMAIL, forwarding and you.

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
640k, Thanks for your hard work on this topic. I was beginning to get frustrated with the email and my droid.
Couple questions for you,
If I want to send an email from one of my pop accounts so that the client has that address and not my gmail address I need to use the normal email app and not the gmail app, correct?

If i change the settings on the pop accounts to check for new mail to never than would that eliminate the same emails showing up in the gmail and regular email, correct?
if you respond to an email sent through your POP account, it will reply through that account (not gmail), however, you cannot create a new email using your non-gmail account, through the gmail app. you can only do this by either using teh default email client, or using gmail.com (preferred).

if you set your default email app to never sync, you'll never send the mail. as soon as you sync, you'll have "double" emails (although in separate apps).

pax

Reaction score
Ok. I have read the posts in here. What I am having trouble with is I am receiving two email notifications. I only have gmail set up on my phone. I do have my MSN account, but everything is forwarded from there to my gmail. Why am I receiving the gmail notification, and the stock email notification?

Please help as getting duplicates is a pain.

So sorry if this has been answered somewhere before.

pax

Reaction score
Ok. I have read the posts in here. What I am having trouble with is I am receiving two email notifications. I only have gmail set up on my phone. I do have my MSN account, but everything is forwarded from there to my gmail. Why am I receiving the gmail notification, and the stock email notification?

alwerner

Reaction score

If you have your MSN account forwarded to GMAIL, then you should turn off the pulling of your EMAIL and only use Gmail application.

pax

Reaction score
thanks as I hadn't paid attention to not having both set up that way.

Bluesundragon

Reaction score
I don't think I saw an answer for this, so here it goes! When my wife sends a @bellsouth.net email it doesn't send immediately. She tried last night to send something to my email and it still hadn't sent by this morning.

1.)WiFi is off
2.)Battery's fully charged
3.)No other problems with receiving emails
How can I fix this?dancedroid

theimr

Reaction score
Fantastic thread - thank you 640K!!

You have improved my Droid experience 1000% Last night my phone kept both me and wife up, constantly notifying that unread email was in my inbox. So glad to ditch the email app in favor of Gmail.

I do have a quick question: is there any way to adjust the frequency of syncing, either on the droid or in gmail.com? I've only made the change this afternoon, but emails are not showing up on my phone very quickly.

And while I'm thinking about it, I do have CompanionLink for Google, which I like for its ability to keep my contacts in sync between Outlook and my phone. Do I need to disable that now?

Setup: Motorola Droid
Outlook 2007
Two POP3 accounts that I am now using Gmail to check.

Thanks -
Mike

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think I saw an answer for this, so here it goes! When my wife sends a @bellsouth.net email it doesn't send immediately. She tried last night to send something to my email and it still hadn't sent by this morning.

1.)WiFi is off
2.)Battery's fully charged
3.)No other problems with receiving emails
How can I fix this?dancedroid

Make sure sync is on. Don't use a task killer.

is there any way to adjust the frequency of syncing, either on the droid or in gmail.com?

Use K9.